Expand my Community achievements bar.

Seeking Assistance with Workfront Proofing Workflow

Level 2

My team has been facing challenges with our proofing workflow process since the separation of proof approval and document approval. Some team members are inadvertently creating both proof approvals and document approvals, leading to confusion.

I'm seeking guidance on how to correctly upload proofs and create a proofing approval process.

One recurring issue is that initial approvers continue to receive notifications regarding the proof after they have already approved it. They no longer wish to receive these notifications. Is there a way to remove them from the proof or create a second stage where they can be excluded from further notifications?

Additionally, we would like to know how to add a new version to an existing proof.

Your expertise and insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 7

To version a proof you should be able to drop a file directly onto the proof in the documents section of a project.  Alternately, you can select the proof in the documents section and then click "+ Add New" -> Version -> Proof.  You then can drag your file onto the section of the screen or click the button to open a file browser.

For the approvers issue, most of our users like "Replies to my comments" as their proof notification preference, this alone might be the answer or you could also couple this with proofing stages which are available in the proofing workflow.  You can configure the workflow to to optionally lock stages if you desire.

The users will have to come to a basic understanding that Proof Approvals and Document Approvals are different things because, so far as I know, it's impossible to hide document approvals.