Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Searching for use cases using Workfront in Microsoft Teams

Level 2

Hi everyone, 

We see Workfront is a MS Teams add-in. The Microsoft documentation is high-level overview.  

Adobe Workfront for Microsoft Teams Overview | Adobe Workfront

Wondering if anyone has installed and used it in MS Teams? If so, what are your thoughts? Is it useful? How does it help with your workflow. 

Appreciate your thoughts! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you're a heavy Teams chat org, I 100% recommend installing this! People really like it to be able to comment on things in WF directly thru Teams chat bc they are already in Teams so much. You can also submit requests directly from Teams, and it can help cut down on your WF email notifications. When installing the plug-in, you can choose what you want to get notified thru Teams, just like you can set your email notifications. NOTE: the options for notifications are not a 1:1 of WF email notification, there are fewer options. I turned off my email notifications to be notified in Teams instead whenever I'm tagged or included in an update, for example. 

It takes under a minute to install, try it out and if you don't like it, remove it. Note this is not something you can install for users in bulk, it's installed at a user level. Education is key - let users know it is there and how it can be used, then up to them if they want to install. My users really like it.

If you found this helpful, please mark it correct to help others : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you're a heavy Teams chat org, I 100% recommend installing this! People really like it to be able to comment on things in WF directly thru Teams chat bc they are already in Teams so much. You can also submit requests directly from Teams, and it can help cut down on your WF email notifications. When installing the plug-in, you can choose what you want to get notified thru Teams, just like you can set your email notifications. NOTE: the options for notifications are not a 1:1 of WF email notification, there are fewer options. I turned off my email notifications to be notified in Teams instead whenever I'm tagged or included in an update, for example. 

It takes under a minute to install, try it out and if you don't like it, remove it. Note this is not something you can install for users in bulk, it's installed at a user level. Education is key - let users know it is there and how it can be used, then up to them if they want to install. My users really like it.

If you found this helpful, please mark it correct to help others : )

Level 2

Thanks for the feedback! As you said it will depend how integrated Teams is in daily work, and education will be key for success. Thanks again! 

Level 8

I recommend the Workfront for Teams app to every user I talk to. It's a great way for all user levels to reduce the number of emails hitting their inbox.

Level 10

It seems not too many people are using this as I was inspired by this post to check out the integration. The biggest problem I see is that it has zero integration with Proof - so when a proof comment comes through you can't click directly to the proof, you have to go to the project/request, find the proof, open the proof. Also, new proofs for review/approval notifications don't come through at all. Has anybody had a different experience than this? 

Community Advisor

Hi there, you are correct that there are no Proof-related notifications. I think that would be a nice enhancement, but it doesn't deter me from using the plugin altogether. I have it set for when someone tags me in an update (or if I'm in the thread of a response) and when I have a new work request, and have turned off my email notifications for those events. Once you set what you want it for and understand it's not a full email notification replacement, it works and at least cuts down your email notifications. As I mention below, it's a low effort to install and experiment with, and bc not installed at an instance-wide level, it's up to you if you like it or not! : )

Employee Advisor

Integrating MS Teams with Workfront was brought up during the April Community Chat and there were tons of customers who leverage this plug-in. Some of the comments included:

• Any free integrations that WF offers, take advantage!   
  • Don’t like email? Use the MS Teams integration – meet your users where they want to be
  • Important: Work with your IT team – get permission first and have them enable Workfront in MSTeams before the add-on can be found/installed into your Teams account.