Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Scorecard Elements (Questions, Answers) Displayed in Views and Reports

Level 4

Hello Community,

Has anyone had any experience with retrieving and displaying scorecard questions and answers in views and reports? If this is you, please share some code snippet and ideas on how to implement it. (Note: I found four available scorecard tables in the API Explorer and it seems that I need to do some text mode reporting.)

This is my scenario - I've got a scorecard with 5 questions linked to multiple projects in the Business Case section of each project. Moreover, I want to display the selected scorecard values/answers based on the scorecard questions in a project view inside a portfolio. Once that's implemented, I'd like to update any of those scorecard answers from the project view instead of clicking each individual project and getting to the scorecard in the Business Case section, one at a time.

Thank you for your feedback and help in advance.

Cheers,

+Pavlin

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello friends, to view a project's scorecard questions and responses, you can add this text mode to a project view/report:

displayname=Scorecard

listdelimiter=<div>

listmethod=nested(alignmentValues).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=CONCAT("Q: ",{scoreCardQuestion}.{name}," - A: ",{scoreCardOption}.{label}," - ",{numberVal}," pts.")

valueformat=HTML

Because this is a collection, it is not possible to apply conditional formatting; although you can conditionally filter if you adjust the valueexpression to only display questions or responses that meet a certain criteria.

It is not possible to inline edit scorecard data in a project view because responses are a collection within the project, and collections cannot be edited inline.

Hope this helps a little.

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 7

No answers here? did you find anywhere else?

I was hoping report on scorecards would yield question and answer views. We aren't using yet and will not use in full intended capacity but not finding a way to report on.

was hoping to provide a visual with corresponding color values (yes, maybe, no etc) since you can't do that in actual scorecard.

guess a regular form will need to be created??

Level 4

Hi Tegwyn,

Unfortunately, no answers here... I've already implemented a custom form to replicate the scorecard, but it's not the best solution, b/c I have to maintain both the scorecard in the business case area, as well as the scorecard in the custom form.

Best,

+Pavlin

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello friends, to view a project's scorecard questions and responses, you can add this text mode to a project view/report:

displayname=Scorecard

listdelimiter=<div>

listmethod=nested(alignmentValues).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=CONCAT("Q: ",{scoreCardQuestion}.{name}," - A: ",{scoreCardOption}.{label}," - ",{numberVal}," pts.")

valueformat=HTML

Because this is a collection, it is not possible to apply conditional formatting; although you can conditionally filter if you adjust the valueexpression to only display questions or responses that meet a certain criteria.

It is not possible to inline edit scorecard data in a project view because responses are a collection within the project, and collections cannot be edited inline.

Hope this helps a little.

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 2

This is so helpful, but can someone show me an example of a report they did using the Text Mode answer above? I have to do the same thing here! Thanks in advance!

Level 2

I got this to work...somewhat. It's pulling the percentage value of the answer to the question, but excludes the points for the question. I could use some help on this one!

Community Advisor

@LucindaP_Workfront - hi there, just trying to tag someone at Workfront here and LucindaP you were the only one that showed up to tag that appears to work at Workfront - I'm interested in using scorecards but I'm finding multiple threads in experience league that are like this one, with no really useful way to report on scorecard info in projects. How can this be brought to the forefront or is there any updated info that you can provide those following this thread (including myself now)?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Hi @Madalyn_Destafney ,

You have correctly got through to someone at Workfront - well done! Nice to meet you

Does this article help at all?

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/manage-work/projects/define-business-case/ap...

If not, I'd suggest raising a support ticket on Experience League, which will connect you with the correct Workfront experts here.

Community Advisor

Hi there, yes I had seen that, thank you. I know how to do a scorecard on a particular project and portfolio, but I want it for a set of projects I specify, not necessarily an entire portfolio.

I was looking into project reports and there is a field called 'alignment' to pull in a column of a project report. Is this the project's scorecard alignment %? For example if I pull 30 projects in the project report filter and add this column, it will give me the scores of just those projects...can you confirm that is the field? I don't have any scorecards yet in order to test this myself.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Please raise a support ticket using the link above. Our expert Workfront engineers will be able to help you.