Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Routing Rules in a Request Queue

Level 5

Hello! I have a scenario where a group has two layers of routing in their process... the routing differs based on the answer to a couple of questions. I thought I could filter the routing by using the Topic Groups but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Specific scenario:

Requestor selects first type of request - whether it is a standard request or a custom request. If it's standard, we'd move on to the next layer of filtering for routing. If it's custom, it always gets routed to Tom.

On the next layer, if this is for a Central Region, it would get routed to Tom. If it is for an East Region, it would get routed to Hannah. BUT If it is for West, then it depends on who is making the request for routing - say it's person A, B, or C: that would get routed to Tom. Say it's person X, Y, or Z: that would get routed to Hannah.

This is quite the routing matrix! If anyone has ideas if we can automate all of that completely within Workfront I'd love to hear them! My current thought is just that if something gets routed to Hannah that should be for Tom, she just assigns it to him... but again, if automation is available here that would make the team's life a little easier.

Many thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

i think this should work:

Level 1

Custom => Tom (Queue topic, no topic group)

Standard => advance to Level 2 (this is a topic group called Standard)

Level 2

Central => Tom (Queue topic. Change your topic group to Standard)

East => Hannah (Queue topic. Change your topic group to Standard)

West => advance to Level 3 (this is a topic group called West and you add it to the Standard topic group when you make it)

Level 3

I'm on Team Awesome => Hannah (Queue topic. Change your topic group to West)

Everyone else => Tom (Queue topic. Change your topic group to West)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

i think this should work:

Level 1

Custom => Tom (Queue topic, no topic group)

Standard => advance to Level 2 (this is a topic group called Standard)

Level 2

Central => Tom (Queue topic. Change your topic group to Standard)

East => Hannah (Queue topic. Change your topic group to Standard)

West => advance to Level 3 (this is a topic group called West and you add it to the Standard topic group when you make it)

Level 3

I'm on Team Awesome => Hannah (Queue topic. Change your topic group to West)

Everyone else => Tom (Queue topic. Change your topic group to West)

Level 5

Thank you Skye!!! I followed your path and that totally worked!!! Thanks for taking the time to review and respond to my scenario. I didn't know Topic Groups were that powerful! Much appreciated.