Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Routing HTML Files

Level 2
Hi everyone! Does anyone know if it is possible route HTML files as proofs in ProofHQ? I would like to route the actual HTML file and not convert it to a PDF first. When I upload an HTML file as a proof, it cuts off the bottom of the HTML file. I've put in a service ticket, and they are looking into it for me, but I wanted to see if anyone had any real world experience with this. Thanks so much! Theresa Theresa Rotondo Atlantis Healthcare Usa, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 10
We were told it’s not possible. Instead we upload the html via ftp to a test page on our server using and use the link in the proof, that way you get a live email to proof including testing the links.

Level 1
Hi Theresa Proofing HTML files is actually possible to do as interactive content. You would need to however compress your HTML file into a zip before uploading and selecting the interactive option This will provide similar review & approval capabilities to that of rich media banners Regards, Etienne Bosch Workfront

Level 2
Thanks so much, everyone! Theresa Rotondo Atlantis Healthcare Usa, Inc.

Level 10
Please advise where there is an Interactive option? Or is that only for licenses with the stand-alone version? Jill Ackerman | Director, Direct Marketing Lindblad Expeditions 96 Morton Street | New York, NY 10014 Ph. 212.261.9080 | Fax. 212.265-3770 jilla@expeditions.com | "http://www.expeditions.com/"> www.expeditions.com

Level 2
Hi Jill, I'm not sure it if it's only limited to accounts that have Workfront Proof as a standalone (which is what we have), but I've been able to successfully route a live website by adding the URL here. I hope that helps! Theresa Rotondo Atlantis Healthcare Usa, Inc.

Level 10
Hi Thanks Theresa! I know about the live URL option, but the original question was about using HTML file, which is different, and an issue I would be very excited to solve for my team. Workfront told we can't do it, yet there seems to be an option that I don't have access to. I suspect it's only available if you have the Standalone ProofHQ, which is really unfortunate for me with the Workfront+Proof version. Jill Ackerman | Director, Direct Marketing Lindblad Expeditions 96 Morton Street | New York, NY 10014 Ph. 212.261.9080 | Fax. 212.265-3770 jilla@expeditions.com | "http://www.expeditions.com/"> www.expeditions.com

Level 10
hi Jill, I don't understand HTML at all, so can only provide limited assistance. My interpretation of what Etienne is referring to is covered in this help guide, in the second section (How to prepare a Rich Media .zip archive),

Level 10
Hi I got to the bottom of it, and the html option is available for everyone. I finally figured out the secret. The interactive button is hidden until you hover over the file after it’s uploaded, click the pencil to edit it, and the interactive button appears as a choice. My email team will test it and let me know if it works, and if it’s just easier to upload the files to the test site. Thanks everyone!