Expand my Community achievements bar.

Restrict Standard License (program manager) from Updating Project Completion Date

Level 4

With the updated Light, Contributor, & Standard License, I now have Program Managers going into jobs and adding tasks (which I have figured out how to disable) and updating the project completion date (which I cannot figure out without changing the license). The light license is too "light" and therefore they cannot complete tasks which I need them to be able to do. We cannot have dates and timelines being changed without approval. How do I fix this? 

4 Replies

Community Advisor

I'm not on the new license types yet but it sounds like it's a permission based thing where they have manage access to the project which allows full access. You can typically limit access through the projects/templates or in the sharing permissions. 

KellieGardner_0-1726594281691.pngKellieGardner_1-1726594313542.png

Community Advisor

For the OP's reference:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/basics/grant-request-object-permissions/s...

Project permission options

The following table lists the permissions that users can grant when sharing a project. 

Actions Manage Contribute View
ActionManageContributeView
Add Custom Form  
Update Custom Fields 
Add An Approval Process  
Approve a Project
Approve hours 
Create A Project  
Add Document(s)
Add Issue(s)
Add Task(s) 
Copy Project  
Delete Project  
Modify Planned Dates  
Share Project
Share System-wide  
View Project
Updates/ comments
Change Status  
Log Hours 
Edit Assignments 
Manage Baseline  
Manage Risks*  
Manage Finance*  
Add/ Edit Expenses* 
View Finance*
Attach Template  
Save As Template
Add/ Edit Business Case  
Edit Project Details  
Edit Staffing  
Export to MS Project
Recalculate Finance/ Timeline*  
Set Queue Properties  
Edit Project in Bulk in a List  

Level 4

I can't seem to locate where you can address permissions system wide - do you have to do this on every project that gets assigned out? 

Community Advisor

Yes, Manage, Contibute, and View are on an object by object basis. If you make Templates mandatory, you can put those restrictions on the templates to make it a little more global and maintenance free.

I'm still on the older access level model so I have no insight to the newer access level permissions.

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/mysocalledideas