Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

restoring deleted proof to project

Level 2
One of our project managers deleted a proof accidentally. We were able to recover it from the trash, and then she "restored" it. But it's not appearing in the project it was associated with. How does one put a deleted proof back into the project, WITH all the comments. ps we don't want a pdf version. Thank you! Chandra Asken San Francisco Symphony
2 Replies

Level 4
Where were you restoring it? I believe you can restore a Document from Workfront's trash bin. You can also restore a proof from the Proof HQ environment. Pretty sure these are different animals. After some testing- I think restoring a proof from the Proof HQ side does not restore it's presence within your Workfront instance. Satchell Mische-Richter Quality Bicycle Products

Level 10
Hi - if you are using the integrated version, here is some important info: If the whole document is deleted in Workfront, the proof (and its previous versions) are restored as well when you go to the recycle bin in Workfront's Setup. If only a version of the document is deleted in Workfront, you cannot restore it in Workfront. For that lost version... you can go into the ProofHQ side and restore that one version. You can then go back into Workfront and in the Add New drop down for documents there is an option for From Workfront Proof. The version is separate from the rest of the versions, but at least it is not lost. In our trainings, we BEG project managers not to delete versions of documents and proofs because of this. (Also, the number is off as WF will continue the numbering but Proof renumbers everything). Hope this helps. Anthony Imgrund FCB