Expand my Community achievements bar.

Resource Planner Functionality

Level 3
Hi All, We are giving resource planner a try but stumbled upon the fact that budgeted hours are not reportable. Is anyone using the resource planner and if yes, how are you using it to get budgeted hours in reports? How is user utilization calculated? I would like to hear feedback from other users. Thank you, Supriya Supriya Pandey PMP New York University
4 Replies

Level 2
I was playing around with that this morning. I can't seem to find a comparable budgeted hours field to report on. I only see "Legacy Budgeted Hours" which doesn't return values set in the Business Case -> Resource Budgeting area. Peggy Settel Cornell University

Level 10
Hi everyone, Thanks for giving the new Resource Planner a try! The budgeted hours are not reportable currently but we have that functionality on the roadmap. As for the user utilization piece, here can be found the descriptions for the columns in different views: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006356928 Thanks, Vazgen Vazgen Babayan Workfront

Level 3
Hi Vazgen. Do you know when adding the budgeted hours functionality will be in place? We haven't been able to use the new Resource Planner because this is missing. I hope it will be in place before the legacy resource planner goes away and is no longer available. Theresa Gibson Reed Technology and Information Services Inc.

Level 1
What is the planned date for removing the legacy resource planner? We will need time to figure out reporting and the full capabilities of the new resource planner before the legacy planner gets decommissioned. thanks! Heidi Mantz Polaris Industries