Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Request status not changing when project is cancelled

Level 4
Hi, When we convert a request/issue into a project, the subsequent project sometimes needs to be cancelled. However, although we change the status of the project to "cancelled", the issue status is still "new" or "in progress", and we can't manually change it to "resolved" or "complete". We receive an error message basically saying it's linked to the project status. How can we manually close down requests if the projects are cancelled? Is it quite annoying to have various requests on our reports that are no longer current, but we cannot close them down. Nina Long TSB BANK PLC
6 Replies

Level 7
Hey Nina, In your settings, project preferences, under the request sections do you have this box ticked? When converting an request to a PROJECT... Keep the original request and tie its resolution to the project If not, could this then change the issue status once the project status is changed? I'm not 100% sure on this but maybe worth a try. Let me know if this helps at all! Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Level 3
Maybe check that your "cancelled" status equates to completed or similar in setup > project preferences > statuses?
Stephanie Mulrooney Account Director t: 0121 753 4499 m: 07957675226 w: "http://www.tomorrow-people.com?utm_source=signaturesatori&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=general_signature" rel="nofollow" tomorrow-people.com Note: This email is confidential and intended for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Tomorrow People. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender.

Level 1
I have the same issue with converting issues to tasks. If the task is set to "Closed" the Issue is changed to Resolved, but if the task is set to "Canceled" the issue status remains "In Progress". Would love to know if this is a global setting or any way to make the status change to "Canceled" on both objects. Nancy San Miguel IEHP

Level 4
I checked the "status" options, and it does say that "Cancelled" equates to "approved " which seems a bit odd, but won't let me change it to anything else.... Nina Long TSB BANK PLC

Level 4
Hey VIcky , I've now unchecked those boxes, but it still won't let me close down existing issues for cancelled projects. I'll see if it affects any new ones we receive. Thanks! Nina Long TSB BANK PLC

Level 7
Hi Nina, and well.. everyone else, too. The issue here is that any statuses that are used with the business case approval process, will not carry over to the issue status when the issue's resolution is tied to the project. The Business Case uses statuses as part of a flow: Idea -> Requested -> Approved/Rejected -> Cancelled. Try creating a new status for projects and for issues, and use that instead. Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront