Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Request Queue Subject

Level 1
Hello, Does anyone know if it is possible to not have "subject" show up as a required field in a request queue? I am using custom forms for my request queues...but it seems like subject is not a field I can remove...seems confusing... Thanks, Jan Janice Whipple REI
4 Replies

Level 10
It's not possible. The "subject" is the name/title of the request--it's the line that shows up in big text at the top of the request's landing page and when you run a report on your requests, it's the link that will get you to the request. It's a big pain to us that we can't put some sort of help text on it so that requestors know what to put on that line. My advice to you is to train requestors on whatever you need them to put on that line and put a reminder in your custom form for it. -skye

Level 10
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... I added a parameter to the New Issue query string to Force a default value into the subject. But I'm old now: can't find my glasses, let alone that particular gem. Still, what good are Legends if not Passed On? Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 10
Do we know if request queues are going to get any love in the near future? Or is it all old hat now? ;) Jamie Hill JLL

Level 2
This is very annoying to us as well. We actually provide Request Queue instructions informing the user to enter for example, "INSTRUCTOR NAME" in the Subject field. If you add your "instructions" (any text) to your project description then it will show up under the request type selected. See the screenshot below: Andrea Peine-Ardila Hackensack Medical