Expand my Community achievements bar.

Request queue needs a custom form added, but it's already being used

Level 2

I had a coworker create a custom form that they needed me to create a request queue for. When I set up the request queue, I forgot to attach the proper custom form. Today, I got a message from someone who received a request and they converted it to a project, but data entered into the request custom form did not come across to the project, because I left that custom form off. Is there a way I can fix this without deleting the existing issue and forcing the user to re-enter it into the system? As it is, when I try to update the queue to include the needed form, I end up with an alert that tells me that required fields need to be filled out.

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

you should be able to attach the custom form to the request without triggering any alerts. You just have to make sure that that's the only thing you do (attach the form via the request details page, don't do it by editing the request and definitely don't do anything that requires you to hit the save button)

Level 2

What they have already converted the request to a project and that project form is missing the needed custom form? It seems like anything I do ends up triggering the required fields prompt.

Below is the request made, as you can see there are three sections:

Issue.png

  

And here is the resulting project that was converted from the request, missing the Resi - Marketing Event Expense custom form:

Project.png

Is there something that I am missing that that section is something the user fills out on the request but isn't carried over to the project that I need to fix? Or is it something that the person converting the issue should have added to the project as a custom form before finalizing the conversion? Sorry if this all seems like a ridiculous question.

Thank you.

Community Advisor

The latter -- the person converting the issue should have attached the custom forms somehow, WHILE converting the issue. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/manage-work/issues/convert-issues/convert...

Ideally the way others have set up their instance, the user would use a template that has forms pre-attached. Most users don't think about information transferring over from the issue (and shouldn't have to).

If the request form is filled out and the project is blank, start over -- delete the project, and reconvert the issue, this time making sure that the info from the request is transferred to the project before you hit that create button.

Level 2

Okay. Adding to my lack of experience, here. My request queue has the correct custom form. When the user converts the request to a project, is the custom form something that they have to add manually, before finalizing the conversion? Or is it something that I can have automatically be added to a project when they convert the request to a project? 

Edit: I am slow on the uptake. I was able to find that the template they created didn't have the custom form assigned to it, so that was what was causing all this goofiness. Thank you a ton for the help, regardless.