Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Request queue form design

Level 3

Hello everyone, I'm working on designing a request queue form that requires input from two separate teams. Has anyone here designed a similar form before? From what I understand, it seems impossible for one team to fill out part of the form and then pass it to the other team to complete. The options appear to be saving the form, which then ends up in your own request queue, or submitting it fully. What's the best approach to handle this?

2 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

I would use two custom forms for that and control the sharing settings for each form corresponding to the team. 
Working with sections within a single form will not work out, as you will not be able to control edit rights on team basis.

Depending on the possibilities you have (e.g. Fusion), you need to define the workflow, like which team starts and how the issue is passed to the other team. 

To define the start team, you could work with Routing rules. To inform the second team, that they have to do something, they need to be manually assigned or e.g. triggered by a custom status the assignment is done automatically via Fusion.

Regards

Lars

Level 10

As an added suggestion to @lgaertner's excellent suggestions, you could also use an approval to trigger a second stage going to another user on another team. You may be able to do a bit of automation with that and avoid Fusion if you don't have it.