Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

Reporting on Reporting Elements

Community Advisor

In a few Braindates yesterday I was asked how to report on the reporting elements (view, filter, grouping) within a report. This can be particularly useful when trying to find a specific report as well as when cleaning up reports and easily identifying duplicates. Here is the code for each column. You can also use Command+F (Control+F) to easily find existing reports that use a specific field.

Pro Tip: Export to Excel to highlight duplicates

0694X00000DU8slQAD.png

Filter

displayname=Filter definition

textmode=true

valuefield=filter:definition

valueformat=HTML

View

displayname=View definition

textmode=true

valuefield=view:definition

valueformat=HTML

Grouping

displayname=Grouping definition

textmode=true

valuefield=groupBy:definition

valueformat=HTML

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Another awesome use case I just remembered is when you're updating a custom field and need to know what reports are affected by it. IE has an option as a filter, or grouping by the field, or conditional formatting with that field. This will help you understand the connections and remind you to edit the reports after altering the field.

I typically will let users know the report may be "broken" for a day or two while I work through everything.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Another awesome use case I just remembered is when you're updating a custom field and need to know what reports are affected by it. IE has an option as a filter, or grouping by the field, or conditional formatting with that field. This will help you understand the connections and remind you to edit the reports after altering the field.

I typically will let users know the report may be "broken" for a day or two while I work through everything.

Level 4

You are a ROCK STAR ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Monique!!!

Level 10

Thanks lot @Monique Evans‚ for sharing this info. One question can we add a report prompt to filter report type such as project or task or assignment type, etc. I tried to use the field as Report Type, but does shows the list to select type of report as mentioned above.

Mvh

Kundan.

Community Advisor

Yes you can add a prompt (my report uses them as well) for Report Type you will need to select equals and type in the Workfront code. For example, a Project Report would be PROJ. Assignment = ASSGN; Task = TASK

Level 2

I finally implemented this in our instance, which I am so excited to start using! Thanks for sharing this with us @MoniqueEvans !