Expand my Community achievements bar.

Reporting on Project Duration

Level 3

Hello,

I would like to see the average durations of projects relating to a specific programme - and for ease show in a chart (bar/line).

I am in Project Report and have pulled in the DURATION column - however when I go to the chart I cannot choose it as a data point - why is that ? I can choose not have a chart and the duration for each project shows. 

Thank You

Emma

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

According to the API the actual duration isn't groupable so you wouldn't be able to use it in a chart.

KellieGardner_0-1704381610899.png

One suggestion would be to create a calculated custom field on your project custom form to capture the actual duration and then use that column to pull into your report and then group by it for your chart. 

Level 3

Thank You - am going to try now. 

Thank you for your help

Emma

Level 4

Hi Emma,

We are running into the EXACT same situation. Can you provide a screenshot, or advise us, on what calculation you put into the Calculated Custom field to get this data? Thanks!
Mary

Level 4

Actually sorry, we got the calculation right but now we need to basically add to the grouping that we need to have the actual completion date in period of time like 0-30 days, 30-60 days, 60-90 days, 90+ days. I think we need to add an aggregator to that calculation but I've never done that. Any advice?