Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Reporting on Project and Issues

Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to build a project report that can pull information stored in custom forms in both the projects and issues. Despite all my research, I didn't find any workaround. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@ibergeron I'd recommend starting with an issue report to avoid utilizing text mode (issues are a collection of a project). You can start typing in the issue custom fields, or find them under the Issues dropdown menu. Depending on what you mean by project - the project the issue is housed under or the project in which the issue was converted to - will determine how to reference the project custom fields. If you are referring to the project the issue is housed under, you'll use the fields under the Project dropdown menu. If you converted your issue to a project and you want to pull in custom fields from that new project, you'll want to find your custom fields under the Resolve Project dropdown menu. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@ibergeron I'd recommend starting with an issue report to avoid utilizing text mode (issues are a collection of a project). You can start typing in the issue custom fields, or find them under the Issues dropdown menu. Depending on what you mean by project - the project the issue is housed under or the project in which the issue was converted to - will determine how to reference the project custom fields. If you are referring to the project the issue is housed under, you'll use the fields under the Project dropdown menu. If you converted your issue to a project and you want to pull in custom fields from that new project, you'll want to find your custom fields under the Resolve Project dropdown menu. 

Level 1

Ah - good point! I didn't think of it that way. Makes a lot of sense. Thanks.