Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Reporting on Opened vs Completed tasks

Level 2

I would like to create a report that shows the difference between the number of tasks created and the number of tasks completed.

I have this so far: http://cmegroup.my.workfront.com/report/public/view?publicToken=kAg_d4Cii182DS5q3iiI5Hvrh_s3KjeCVI8L...

I'm expecting something similar to the attachment (although without the shading)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I can't see your report :) -- it tells me to log in to your instance.

My guess is that the most you can do is create a calculated field to indicate whether something is open or closed, and create a column graph with stacked columns to indicate a cumulative total and the split between the open/closed.

Level 2

@Skye Hansen‚ - Do you have recommendation on how to write the calculated field?

Also attached screenshot of my report. I'm using Entry date and Actual completion date and I would like to get those on a comparison chart.

Community Advisor

there are always a number of ways you can do it. I would probably say something along the lines of "if the actual completion date field is blank, then it's not complete, otherwise it is complete", so... making it up as I go along and not actually testing this calculation: IF(ISBLANK(Actual Completion Date), CONCAT("INCOMPLETE"),CONCAT("COMPLETE")).

But you can pretty much pick your line in the sand. "if the status is X, Y, and Z, it's complete, otherwise it's not complete" for example, would work. And so on.