Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Report to show what groups people are in?

Level 10

I need a report that shows everyone who is in a certain group, or not in a certain group. Since "other groups" allows multiple groups populated, I can see why this isn't a field in a report.

I created a report called "Who is in Default Group" and made 2 columns -- "In the group" and "Not in the group". However, I don't know how to get that column to populate. I think I can do this easily with a Grouping instead of a column, but a column would be better. Is there a code to get that column to populate yes or no?

Here is my lame attempt at an IF -- the conditions are clearly not right, but I can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong

I'm trying to say if they are Home Group=Default Group OR Other Group in Default Group then "Yes"

IF(homeGroupID=5f9b5eb9f7b1733de0538365290a5535_Mod=eq,"Yes",IF(otherGroupIDs=5f9b5eb9f7b1733de0538365290a5535_Mod=in,"Yes","No"))

displayname=In Default Group

textmode=true

valueformat=

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hey Jill,

Groups is a collection so you would have to used the nested(userGroups) to get to this information. Since it will return a value for each group they are in, I would recommend just using yes and "" instead of no so you don't get a no for every group they are in.

displayname=All Groups

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(userGroups).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("5f9b5eb9f7b1733de0538365290a5535",{groupID}),"Yes","")

valueformat=HTML

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hey Jill,

Groups is a collection so you would have to used the nested(userGroups) to get to this information. Since it will return a value for each group they are in, I would recommend just using yes and "" instead of no so you don't get a no for every group they are in.

displayname=All Groups

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(userGroups).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("5f9b5eb9f7b1733de0538365290a5535",{groupID}),"Yes","")

valueformat=HTML

Hope this helps!

Level 10

This worked, thank you! I would never have known to use collections ...