Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Report to pull un-utilized Assigned Resources

Level 3

Hi Community,

I want to create a report to identify assigned resources for project tasks but they are NOT actually being used or utilized for the project. The only way I can view this now is through resources utilization. But I want to create a report  that I can use to pull those un-utilized assigned resources.

Any suggestion would deeply appreciated.  

Thanks.

Mesh 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, you can pull a 'Timesheet' Report (one of the report type options) and have filters like this to show timesheets NOT submitted. Can group by owner to see people who have not submitted timesheets, which could indicate they have not tasks to log time to. This is only a viable option if you submit timesheets and log time. If you log time but don't submit, you could add a filter for Timesheet > Total Hours is less than X.

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1693950167361.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, does your organization track time? You could do a timesheet report of timesheets not submitted by week or by user to indicate people that aren't logging time/have no tasks to log time to?

Level 3

@Madalyn_Destafney  thanks for your input. 

Yes, we track time to logged to everyone task assigned to resources. Your idea sounds very promising. Please how do I create the timesheet report to identify users or resources aren't logging time or no tasks to log time to? 

Thanks again.

Mesh  

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, you can pull a 'Timesheet' Report (one of the report type options) and have filters like this to show timesheets NOT submitted. Can group by owner to see people who have not submitted timesheets, which could indicate they have not tasks to log time to. This is only a viable option if you submit timesheets and log time. If you log time but don't submit, you could add a filter for Timesheet > Total Hours is less than X.

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1693950167361.png

Level 3

@Madalyn_Destafney excellent! thank you so much. Sorry for replying late. I was on vacation.