Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Report to know resources logging Time to unassigned Tasks

Level 3

Hi Community,

I'm trying to create a report to identify resources that logged time to unassigned tasks. Please can you advise on the best filters to use in this scenario? 

Thanks 

Mesh 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you are not assigning teams to tasks, then you can create an Hour Report and add the following filters, separated by an AND statement:

Task > Role ID > Is Blank
Task > Assigned To ID > Is Blank
Hour > Hour Type ID > Task Time

That should provide you with the details of the hours logged to unassigned tasks. If that's not exactly what you were looking for, just let me know!

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you are not assigning teams to tasks, then you can create an Hour Report and add the following filters, separated by an AND statement:

That should provide you with the details of the hours logged to unassigned tasks. If that's not exactly what you were looking for, just let me know!

Level 3

@NicholeVargas Thanks so much for your contribution. I applied the filters but is only pulling resources that logged time to unassigned parent tasks. but resources logging time to unassigned sub-tasks is Not pulling the. What do you advise? 

Any contribution from any other member of the community is very appreciated. 

Thanks 

Mesh 

Employee Advisor

Did you add any additional filters to your report around Parent ID or Number of Children? In my report, I can see both Parent and child/sub-tasks. I even added a column for Parent Task Name so that I could confirm. Are you sure that you have hours logged to unassigned sub-tasks? 

Level 3

@NicholeVargasthanks again. here my filters - screenshot 

meshackOm_0-1691448595632.png

you can see on the second screenshot is pulling resources that logged time to parent tasks, but NOT the child/subtasks. Do I need additional filters to pull those that logged time to the sub tasks?

meshackOm_1-1691448898944.png

Level 3

Also, I cannot find Parent Task Name as you can see on the screenshot below. 

meshackOm_2-1691449528664.png

Just clarification, This report I created is Hour Report. 

Employee Advisor

To close the loop here and to share the results with everyone else on the Community, 

if you want to see a list of hours logged to tasks where the person who logged the hour is NOT assigned to the task, then you can create an Hour Report, go to the Filters tab and switch to text mode and paste in the following. That should do the trick!

EXISTS:1:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS

EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=ASSGN

EXISTS:1:assignedToID=FIELD:ownerID

EXISTS:1:taskID=FIELD:taskID

All records (results) should be hours logged to a task where the hour owner isn't assigned to the task. If they become assigned, the Hour will fall off the report. 

Employee Advisor

@meshackOm I'm running into issues with my direct messages, so see above for the text mode filter you can use to show hours logged to tasks where the hour owner is not assigned to the task.

For a separate reporting showing hours logged to tasks with no assignees, you can use the following, separated by AND statements. 

Level 3

@NicholeVargas this is profound. Please I'm curious to know how you developed this. You can DM. thanks for your help. 

Mesh 

Employee Advisor

My DMs are not working right now, but I can say that I did not write this text mode - I got some help from folks in Professional Services and Customer Support. EXISTS statements are unsupported and there is no formal training on how to write these kind of text mode statements, so I'm merely the messenger on this 

Level 3

@NicholeVargas , No worries and your help is super appreciated. Thanks  

Level 3

Hi @NicholeVargas, please I wanted to add this filter  Owner>>Home Team ID=$$USER.homeTeamID, so that I can filter by home Team ID, please do you know how i can add this the text mode? 

Thanks 

mesh 

Employee Advisor

@meshackOm You can add the following to your text mode filter. Simply paste these two lines of text mode underneath the EXISTS statement and that should work. You can always start from scratch and add your Owner > Home Team ID filter in first using the standard builder, and then switch to text mode and paste in the EXISTS statement below. 

owner:homeTeamID=$$USER.homeTeamID
owner:homeTeamID_Mod=in

Level 3

@NicholeVargas Awesome! thank you so much, sorry for responding late, I was on vacation. 

Employee Advisor

You do not need additional filters to pull in child/sub-tasks, as they should pull in if hours have been logged. Can you confirm that hours have been logged to child/sub-tasks? Do you have an example? 

Level 3

@NicholeVargas Thanks again! here is an example where a resources logged time to sub-task highlighted in screenshot below 

meshackOm_0-1691524245375.png

When I run the report it only pulled the Parent task (Execute) where other resources logged time to, but is pulling the sub-task showed in screenshot above. I'm not sure why the report is not pulling the sub-task 

meshackOm_1-1691524549106.png

here is where the resource logged time to unassigned task. Please screenshot below.

meshackOm_3-1691524924298.png

Employee Advisor

Thanks for sharing! I can see that the hour type, Task Time, matches the filter, so that's not the issue. I'm wondering if the filters for Task > Role ID and Task > Assigned to ID are causing these subtasks to not appear. Are the child/sub-tasks assigned to a team? Or is the assignment field blank? 

Apologies for the troubleshooting on the Community forum - if you would prefer to direct message me, we can take this offline or work with Customer Support to figure out why.