Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Report showing projects shared with User.

Level 4

Is there a way to create a report that shows all active projects that have been shared with the User, even when the User was not assigned to a task or added to Staffing?

It would be great if these projects would show up in the Projects I'm On tab, or maybe another tab could be added to show them.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi Shawn, here is your report filter we chatted about earlier today. I tested it briefly on myself and it seemed to work.

Of course you would add some sort of active project filter to it (e.g. project status equates with active), but this is the "shared with user" portion of the filter.

You can also add the report to a dashboard so that users can make a tab out of it if they wish or if you wish.

accessRules:accessorID=$$USER.ID

accessRules:accessorID_Mod=cicontains

It was nice to meet you!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi Shawn, here is your report filter we chatted about earlier today. I tested it briefly on myself and it seemed to work.

Of course you would add some sort of active project filter to it (e.g. project status equates with active), but this is the "shared with user" portion of the filter.

You can also add the report to a dashboard so that users can make a tab out of it if they wish or if you wish.

accessRules:accessorID=$$USER.ID

accessRules:accessorID_Mod=cicontains

It was nice to meet you!

Level 4

Thank you very much, Skye! Nice you meet you and the group, as well. I will give it a try.

Level 4

So far so good! Seems to be working beautifully. Thanks again, Skye.

Shawn

Level 4

Hey, Skye. Sorry to jump back to something from 6 months ago, but is there a way, in a report, to differentiate between being shared on a project by inherited permissions and being shared directly/manually? My boss is looking for a list of projects that she was involved with, but her use of WF is tangential, at best. So most projects that appear on the shared projects report you helped me put together are there because of inherited permissions, but those are not the projects she is looking for.

Community Advisor

To be honest, I don't have time to test this, but if you can try adding onto the textmode you have with the following two lines, and then test and get back to me on whether that worked, that would be the fastest way to an answer. :)

accessRules:isInherited=false

accessRules:isInherited_Mod=eq

If this doesn't work in your filter, I think the only way to handle this would be to pull in a column that shows whether or not the access rule is inherited in the view and then download and sort out everything where the inheritance is false (i.e. it is not inherited)

I hope you're well!

Level 4

You rock, as usual, Skye! The textmode option sure seems to work. Thank you very much!

I'm well, if very busy, of late. I hope you and the rest of the crew are healthy and safe.

Community Advisor

oh, thanks for letting me know. Please do follow up if ever you see any weird exceptions, otherwise I'll put that in my bank of "codes that work" :)

Level 7

Hello Skye,

I'm looking for something similar - "Report showing portfolios NOT shared with a team". I'm trying to use team ID as a filter here. We will use this report on a exception dashboard for monthly audits.

Do you have any text mode filter that will work here?

Thanks!

Community Advisor

hi Manish, the code I posted here should work (you would of course sub in the correct GUID instead of using "public"): https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D54X00006fsK0cSAE/forms-shared-systemwide

Level 4

Hi, the link above is not available, unfortunately. Is the post migrated to this community as well?