Expand my Community achievements bar.

Report on Approvers listed on Approval Processes

Community Advisor

Is it possible to report on the approvers listed in an approval process without it being tied to an object yet? I've searched and tried and haven't been successful yet. Basically, I need to know from setup what teams or named users are listed in the approvers field on an approval processes that have been created. 

KellieGardner_0-1700000276920.png

KellieGardner_1-1700000368557.png

3 Replies

Community Advisor

hi, since an approval process can have many approvers, you would need to consider a collection. If you reference the collections documentation on AEL, you'll find the following in the limitations section:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/text-mode/reference-collec...

i.e. you cannot build a collection view of another collection. 

I'm attaching a screenshot below in case it's useful for you to picture this.

An approval process is a collection of approval paths.

Each approval path is a collection of approval stages.

Each approval stage is a collection of step approvers.

So it ends up that what you're asking for is a collection of approvers in a collection of stages in a collection of approval paths. 

Screenshot 2023-11-14 150354.png

Reporting functionality currently doesn't work this way. Hope this helps your understanding.

Community Advisor

I figured as such since I’ve been unsuccessful in figuring it out and was familiar with the documentation on collections.  I was kind of hoping someone had an idea on a another creative way to get the information out - Maybe another report type, etc. to piece it all together. 

Community Advisor

thanks, that's helpful to know.

Have you tried exporting your approvals (as a kickstart) and gleaning what you need off the approvers tab?

(You didn't mention, but if this is for ongoing maintenance, I would then store the information on each process's description field, so you would only have to go through this exercise one time.)