Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Report - I'm having trouble showing the desired format of a numeric value in a report column, which comes from a calculated field on a custom form. I also want to have a 4th sort option.

Level 4

I have a custom form with a calculated field, to show the average of the overall effort. "Overall Effort Average"

The custom form calculation is: AVERAGE(UX Effort,Design Effort,Dev Effort)

My report includes this calculated field as a column,

I would like to show whole numbers in my report, or perhaps just to one decimal point.

• As an example, I am seeing “4.3333333333” for one item but would like to see “4” or “4.3”.
  • The text mode of the column is below. Is there a different valueformat that I should use?

displayname=

linkedname=direct

namekey=Overall Effort Average

querysort=DE:Overall Effort Average

sortOrder=3

sortType=asc

textmode=true

valuefield=Overall Effort Average

valueformat=customNumberAsString

Additionally, can I utilize text mode to sort by a 4th column? I’m currently sorting by

1. Business Value
  2. Priority
  3. Overall Effort Average
  4. I would like to add a 4th sort on the Entry Date column

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Cathy,

To get the values to return as a whole number in your report, use the text mode below in your column.

displayname=

linkedname=direct

sortOrder=3

sortType=asc

textmode=true

valueexpression=ROUND({DE:Overall Effort Average},0)

Here we have added a value expression to the code which tells Workfront to round the custom field to 0 decimal places. If you wanted this to have one decimal place you would simple replace the '0' with a '1' in the value expression.

I'm not 100%, but I don't believe that you can sort by a 4th column, I think that 3 is the limit.

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Cathy,

To get the values to return as a whole number in your report, use the text mode below in your column.

displayname=

linkedname=direct

sortOrder=3

sortType=asc

textmode=true

valueexpression=ROUND({DE:Overall Effort Average},0)

Here we have added a value expression to the code which tells Workfront to round the custom field to 0 decimal places. If you wanted this to have one decimal place you would simple replace the '0' with a '1' in the value expression.

I'm not 100%, but I don't believe that you can sort by a 4th column, I think that 3 is the limit.

Best Regards,

Rich.