Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Report for rogue users "unnassigning" and "reassigning" their tasks?

Level 2

I'm looking for a report that will show me when users are going rogue and unnassigning themselves from a task they've been assigned by a PM and then reassigning that task to another (equal) member of their team.

in the task updates (system updates) it will look like this:

[User A] requested that [User B] work on this Aug 5, 2021 11:20 am

[User A] unassigned [User A] Aug 5, 2021 11:20 am

I understand I can lock down the tasks so people cannot reassign them, but sometimes it is warranted and legitimate....

Reasons this is a problem:

1. Inefficient -- This turns into a game of "hot potato"... Users keep reassigning stuff, and we lose days of no work being done. PM team spends a lot of time balancing the workload/deadlines.
    1. Abuse -- Some users will agree to taking on more work then they can actually handle, while other users are "coasting" by. Besides being unfair, the overload increases the changes of errors in the work.
    2. Lost time --

What I need is a report that I can monitor to see how often people are reassigning stuff. I can then use that data to make the case with their manager(s) explaining the issues it's causing downstream. By actively monitoring it I can enforce the policy that "you cannot reassign tasks"

What i've tried in reporting: pulling the system updates, stuff like "unassigned" or "work on this ." Reporting won't pull this data -- or i can't figure out how to.... I'm wondering if there's something in Text mode or something that could be a solution?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey Matthew,

If you create a journal entry report and use the following filters, it starts to get you close:

0694X00000EOWGdQAP.jpgThen I added these columns:

0694X00000EOWGnQAP.jpgHowever, when I ran this on a larger project, there was a lot of noise so you will need to figure out some more filters, but I hope this helps get you going!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey Matthew,

If you create a journal entry report and use the following filters, it starts to get you close:

0694X00000EOWGdQAP.jpgThen I added these columns:

0694X00000EOWGnQAP.jpgHowever, when I ran this on a larger project, there was a lot of noise so you will need to figure out some more filters, but I hope this helps get you going!

Level 2

OK i didn't even realize this was a report type! I'm tinkering in it now but can't seem to pull what i'm looking for. Our org has MANY small projects in WF so i'm looking for a way to do a global sweep of "unassigned" work.

If i can figure out a way to search for any tasks that have been "unassigned" I can sift through that data and find what i'm looking for.

Level 2

Ok i think i've figured it out. By setting up those filters I was able to determine that in the "Additional Info 1" column, any time it said "USER" that meant someone was either added or removed to a task.

So i filtered [Journal Entry >> Additional Info 1 | Equal | USER]

Then I filtered out myself and other project managers (since we obviously assign/unnassign work all day)

[Journal Entry >> edited by ID (project managers)]

This gave me a list where I can see whenever someone has reassigned work.

@Sarah Nau‚ - thanks for getting me pointed the right way!