Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

Remove the string "Hours" when creating a report..

Level 2

Does anyone know how to drop the Hours string that gets added to Actual Hours when creating a report? i.e. 10 Hours.

I have a report that has the actual hours, planned hours, and estimate at completion. I export this to an Excel spreadsheet where I do comparisons to find tasks/projects that are in trouble. I am tired of having to run the macro that does a find/replace to remove the "Hours" string from the worksheet so my Excel calculations function correctly. I do not understand why it even puts in the "Hours" string on every row since the column heading is Actual or Planned Hours.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Chris,

I took this to our customer support team and here's what they sent.

The only way I could remove the “Hours” was to change the valueformat, but that then returns the value in minutes. So you have to set up an expression to take that into account and display as the hour value. It looks like it exports fine for me when I use this method.

displayname=Actual

textmode=true

valueexpression=DIV({actualWorkRequired},60)

valueformat=HTML

I hope this helps!

Kyna

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Chris,

I took this to our customer support team and here's what they sent.

The only way I could remove the “Hours” was to change the valueformat, but that then returns the value in minutes. So you have to set up an expression to take that into account and display as the hour value. It looks like it exports fine for me when I use this method.

displayname=Actual

textmode=true

valueexpression=DIV({actualWorkRequired},60)

valueformat=HTML

I hope this helps!

Kyna

Level 2

Thank you so much Kyna! This did they job.

Chris

Employee

You bet! Glad I had the right people to ask. :)

Community Advisor

@kynabaker16 - I've tried using this code in an assignment report and it doesn't seem to work. Wondering if it needs to be modified for this type of report. Do you have any suggestions? I tried adding task in front of actualWorkRequired and that didn't seem to pull anything. Thanks for any help you can provide.