Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Refreshing Calculation for just one object?

Level 10

I have a project-level custom field with a calculation that had to be recalculated across our entire instance, but seems to not have refreshed on a handful of specific projects.

Is there a way to force a recalculation of this field for a specific project?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

any time you edit the custom form and save it, it will recalculate. For project forms there’s also a way to recalculate from the bulk editing pop up (in case you want to force 2)

Level 10

Hi Kevin,

I haven't always been as lucky as Skye.

Occasionally, even when I "touch" a formula and/or specifically check the recalculate existing data checkbox before saving, it does not do so. In such cases (if yee dare), I've resorted to clearing the formula, saving, holding my breath while counting to 10, confirming the calculated parameter is indeed blank on some real objects that use it, then resetting the formula, saving, crossing my fingers while counting to 10, then confirming that the freshly calculated parameters are indeed in place. That usually does the trick, but be forewarned that doing so on certain formulas that were "grabbing" a value at a particular moment back in time could actually lose that data permanently.

Alternatively, I invite you to consider our Recalc Parameters solution, which can be run on demand and/or scheduled.

Regards,

Doug