Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Reference the Program associated with the Resolving Object

Level 1

Hello!

First time poster here, and I am relatively new to Workfront. I am working on an issue report to show the completed requests that have come in through our request queue. On the report, I have a column that shows the resolving object--i.e. what project or task the request is tied to.

I would like to also have a column that shows the program that the resolving object is in. I thought that I had seen a training that showed referencing objects using text mode, but I cannot find it. Essentially the program I want to reference is 2-3 levels up from the request itself depending on whether the request is tied to a project or a task (Request: Resolving Task: Project: Program).

Any help you can provide is much appreciated! Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi - do you convert to both tasks and projects? Like we only convert to projects, so I have a report that uses this code

displayname=Program Of Project

querysort=resolveProject:program:name

valuefield=resolveProject:program:name

valueformat=HTML

textmode=true

If you use both, you might want to do a shared column, but that does make some sorting issues if you want to sort by Program. Let me know if you need help with that.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi - do you convert to both tasks and projects? Like we only convert to projects, so I have a report that uses this code

displayname=Program Of Project

querysort=resolveProject:program:name

valuefield=resolveProject:program:name

valueformat=HTML

textmode=true

If you use both, you might want to do a shared column, but that does make some sorting issues if you want to sort by Program. Let me know if you need help with that.

Level 1

Hi Anthony!

Thank you so much for your response! I was able to get this done using the text mode you provided and shared columns, so I really appreciate the help!

Do you know if there is a way to sort or group by a shared column, or are you unable to sort or group those?

Thank you again so much! This is so helpful!

Leah

Level 10

Sadly, not at the moment. For sorting, you pick one query at a time so Programs for tasks will be after all the programs for projects. However, grouping might help if you are okay with that.

group.0.displayname=Program of Resolved Item

group.0.valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({resolveProjectID}),{resolveTask}.{project}.{DE:Program Name},{resolveProject}.{program}.{name})

group.0.valueformat=string

textmode=true

(Side Note: I couldn't get the Program Name for the Resolved Task to show up as it was too far a way. I had to use a Calculated Field we have on the Project's custom form that captured the Program Name. If you want to share your code on how you did it in your report, I can help "translate" that for the grouping.)

Employee

Hi Leah,

Welcome to the community! So glad you're here and posting. Please keep coming back and posting more questions and if anything someone posts ever isn't clear, just let them know, everyone here is always willing to expound a little more. Thanks @Anthony Imgrund‚ for jumping right in for our new friend!

Kyna