Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Running into and error when trying to choose from a custom field drop down menu.

Level 4

I keep running up against the error "Invalid Parameter: conversion to type DTTM value "false"" when trying to enter the deliverable type from a drop down menu in a task custom form. I only get the error from the deliverable field, and only on that task. I can add the same custom form to other tasks and fill in the field with no issues.

Does anyone know what the error means and how to get around it without creating a replacement task?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Shawn,

I've seen such errors where a particular object has data of the wrong type behind the scenes (tricky to reproduce, fortunately fairly rare); this one sounding like a Datetime (DTTM) parameter has a boolean (false) trying befuddledly get "in". In a few cases, DBA intervention from Workfront was required, but in most others, I was able to work around it by either dropping then re-adding the custom form(s) and filling them in again (e.g. while either looking in Sandbox, or a just-prior-to-dropping version of it in another browser tab, or a screenshot, etc.), or by dropping the entire object (e.g. Task, in this case) and doing likewise.

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Shawn,

I've seen such errors where a particular object has data of the wrong type behind the scenes (tricky to reproduce, fortunately fairly rare); this one sounding like a Datetime (DTTM) parameter has a boolean (false) trying befuddledly get "in". In a few cases, DBA intervention from Workfront was required, but in most others, I was able to work around it by either dropping then re-adding the custom form(s) and filling them in again (e.g. while either looking in Sandbox, or a just-prior-to-dropping version of it in another browser tab, or a screenshot, etc.), or by dropping the entire object (e.g. Task, in this case) and doing likewise.

Regards,

Doug

Level 4

Thanks so much, Doug. Your reply gave me an idea to try. So, the conflict seems to have been created by a calculated field in another custom form. I deleted the form, added the one I needed, and it worked. The deleted form was not necessary (in truth, I don't know why it was added in the first place), but I had not thought to look in that direction.

Cheers,

Shawn