Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Recents and Favorites in the new Workfront experience

Employee

Should we keep it how it is in the new Workfront experience or switch it back to how it used to be in Classic?

In Classic, it was Recents and Favorites.

In the new Workfront experience, it is Favorites and Recents.

See image below for an example. Let me know what you think.

0694X00000BzyFaQAJ.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

35 Replies

Employee

Thanks for the feedback @Jonathan Hobbs‚. We will be looking at "Recents and Favorites" as part of our integration into the larger Adobe ecosystem and will consider all of this feedback.

Level 5

Has anyone noticed that recently (no pun intended) the Recents list in NWE is not refreshing automatically or manually? I will log a support ticket if it is just me :)

As to the Classic View or NWE I have no preference, but similar to @Sara Townsend‚ the sections should align in order between Favourites and Recents!

Community Advisor

I agree with Doug that it would be most helpful if Favorites and Recents were decoupled as it'll save a click and brainpower to select which one you want to see when you want to see it. A lot of my users don't realize that recents is available

Level 4

Tracy, as of 11:54 AM PDT, 8/27/21, Recents are updating in our Cluster 5 instance of NWE.

Level 5

Thanks Jeff - we seem to be back to normal as well on Cluster 2

Level 10

Side-by-side as in Classic. Also compact like Classic.

Or, decoupled somehow as two separate UI elements as Doug seems to be suggesting.

Community Advisor

I vote for Recent Items first. It drives me nuts that I can't set that as my default in a layout template 😉

Community Advisor

@Jeremy Flores‚ I have a request for favorites... I'd love to be able to drag them into my preferred order.

As a back-up plan, I'd take them in alphabetical order since that would make it easy to find the one I want also.

Employee

Thanks @Heather Kulbacki‚. We're actually working on recent and favorites now so this is timely. I'll send your feedback to Dalin Larsen, our PM, who is heading up this effort.

Community Advisor

I completely agree with Heather! Would love to be able to sort my favorites beyond the object type lists.

Level 2

Agree with Heather. Makes no difference if Favorites or Recents are listed in the header first for me but definitely need the ability to sort favorites either drag to preferred order or alphabetically like Classic did. That has been very frustrating as I use favorites to find all my reports and it's been a challenge. Thanks!

Employee

Thank you for the feedback @Denise Simms‚, and all. While we can't promise to implement every bit of it, it is still incredibly helpful and we always welcome suggestions üòä‚cc. @Tara Patoile - inactive‚

Level 9

I'm kind of torn between the simplicity of having one column to view at a time (as in NWE) and the convenience of fewer clicks (as in Classic).

Perhaps keep favorites as its own item (star icon) and move recents into the search bar.

Level 5

I would like for Recents to be in most recent order.

Level 2

Hi -- I definitely STILL find it frustrating that Recents/Favorites switched -- my brain just can't get used to the new order and I go to the incorrect option all the time (grrr). The decoupling is a cool idea, as is the reordering. In Classic I would name my important Favorites (quarterly reports) with a lead underscore so that they would "float to the top" and am frustrated that doesn't work anymore (although the underscore does help my eye pick the reports out from my long list). Love that this is all being considered.