Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Reassign tasks in bulk

Level 10

I feel certain I've done this before but now I can't. I need to reassign 100 tasks across 10 projects from Isabella to Anna. I've run task report and assignment report but there is no way to edit in bulk and I can't even edit inline in the report. What am I doing wrong?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I feel as though I am missing something about your question.

In a task report, I would select everything and then click on the edit button to edit in bulk (there's one right under the report title).

From there you click on the Assignments bookmark to go to that section of the form.

When you click on the Assignments checkmark it should give you two sections: one for you to add a person and one for you to remove a person.

You would put Isabella in the second field and Anna in the first field, or so I would think. But is this the part that isn't working? If so, what's it doing? (is it possible Anna's already assigned to some of the things Isabella is assigned to?)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I feel as though I am missing something about your question.

In a task report, I would select everything and then click on the edit button to edit in bulk (there's one right under the report title).

From there you click on the Assignments bookmark to go to that section of the form.

When you click on the Assignments checkmark it should give you two sections: one for you to add a person and one for you to remove a person.

You would put Isabella in the second field and Anna in the first field, or so I would think. But is this the part that isn't working? If so, what's it doing? (is it possible Anna's already assigned to some of the things Isabella is assigned to?)

Level 10

Hi Skye

I cannot explain why this wasn't working yesterday but it is working now. I wasn't able to do any of the things you describe which is exactly what I was expecting. Very weird for sure. Anyways, I just re-ran the exact same report I was looking at.

I'm wondering, as I type this, if I was accidentally "login as" and didn't realize it.

Thanks for confirming how this is supposed to work.

Level 10

I just want to report back that this happened to me again. Something is glitchy but it comes and goes so I can't even report it to support with confidence because it repairs itself.