Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

"Error Generating Proof" message

Level 1

I'm suddenly unable to create proofs - I receive an "Error Generating Proof" message in the top right of the screen. First started when I tried to load a new version of an existing proof I created. Tried in both safari and chrome, restarted and shutdown. Can anyone help troubleshoot? 

Screen Shot 2023-09-28 at 12.16.00 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@tmcurley @jessicam7443460 -

Just had a call with Workfront Support. They've identified what is causing the glitch and they are investigating.

In the meantime, there are 2 workarounds.

1) The one I've mentioned where they can load a document and generate a proof.

2) If you have access to modify the access levels you need to toggle on the View Contact Information under users 

KellieGardner_0-1696261248617.png

I'll keep you posted on anything else I'm able to learn.

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Community Advisor

@tmcurley - I would submit a support ticket with Workfront. They will be able to check all of your settings and help troubleshoot your system. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/?lang=en&support-tab=open-ticket#support 

Level 1

Hi! I tried to open a ticket but i'm "not a support entitled user within the org". Unfortunately our only admin is OOO.

Community Advisor

some of my users are having this same issue as of yesterday without having changed anything on their profiles. I have a support ticket opened and I'll you know what I find out. One thing I found is they are able to load a document and then generate a proof from it. This might be a good workaround if you are still experiencing issues. 

Level 1

Let me know if they respond to your support ticket!

Community Advisor

I've gotten these in the past and then honestly had to just refresh a few times over a while (or sometimes just a minute) and it works again. I know you shut down and restarted, but have you cleared your cache in a while? That also sometimes has odd impacts on things in WF. Also, are you uploading a supported proof type? Is your file size within the limit? More on that here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/review-and-approve-work/proofing/proofing-ov... 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 1

Hi! File is a pdf within the size limit and uploaded without a problem. Cleared cache and still receiving the Error message when trying to create a proof. 

Community Advisor

Man that's frustrating. If the person who can submit a ticket is still OOO, perhaps in the interim you can upload it as a regular document and tag the approver(s) on it to review. Not ideal like a proof, but an interim way to still get it in front of people within WF.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 1

I am having the same issue. Let me know if you find anything out! 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@tmcurley @jessicam7443460 -

Just had a call with Workfront Support. They've identified what is causing the glitch and they are investigating.

In the meantime, there are 2 workarounds.

1) The one I've mentioned where they can load a document and generate a proof.

2) If you have access to modify the access levels you need to toggle on the View Contact Information under users 

KellieGardner_0-1696261248617.png

I'll keep you posted on anything else I'm able to learn.

Level 1

Thank you for the update! I was able to load as a document and generate as a proof in the meantime. Hoping they have a fix soon. Did they say they would notify you once they fix? 

Community Advisor

Yes they are keeping me updated through my support ticket.

Level 1

Hi @KellieGardner - what do you mean by "load a document to generate a proof"? How do you do that?

Re: workaround #2 - I am not the admin on my account. If my admin did that would it work as a fix for me?

Community Advisor

@jessicam7443460  Yes, your admin can do that. Your admin can also submit a support ticket - typically the more people reporting an issue the higher it moves up on the fix list. 

To load a document and generate a proof. you would select add new > document (instead of proof) and then once it loads to the project, task, or issue you can select create proof on the document,

• Simple will create the proof
  • Advanced will bring a pop up allowing you to add proofing workflows and approvals.

KellieGardner_0-1696262435401.png

KellieGardner_1-1696262502864.png

Level 1

Thanks for this info @KellieGardner  

I have some existing documents that I am trying to add new versions of. If I upload as a document and do this, will I be able to add them as a version of the existing proof? Or only as a brand new proof? 

Community Advisor

When you do new version just select document instead of proof on the new version pop up. It will load the new version as a document and then you can go create a proof once it loads.

KellieGardner_0-1696263048209.png

Community Advisor

@jessicam7443460 @tmcurley - I was told by support today that this is something the product team would have to roadmap into the tool.

I would suggest your System Admins submit support tickets to Workfront. As I've mentioned before, the more reports of a bug or issue the higher the chances it will make it onto a fix list.

In the meantime, providing users with view contact information access to users for our license types or using the workaround is the only way to fix the issue. 

Level 1

Hi Kellie,

I am having trouble uploading proofs again. The proof will upload but it will stay stuck on "generating proof". I've tried the "upload document" workaround and that won't work either.

Can you help?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 3.30.17 PM.png

Level 1

Workfront came back with the issue resolution saying that one of the servers wasn't responding for a period. Their devs were able to go and clear that up. More specifically, the image reader that helps render the proofs had a bit of a hiccup, but all is fixed now!