Expand my Community achievements bar.

"Automatically log users out after" with SSO enabled configs?

Level 2
Any guidance on what companies set for "Automatically log users out after" with SSO enabled configs? When a user currently gets logged out, it redirects to a login screen which is bad user experience, as login is not required into WF and the users has to remove the /login URL extension. Any thoughts? Thanks Simon
6 Replies

Level 10
To answer your first question, I think most companies get that sort of direction from IT, or in our case, the branch of IT known as InfoSec. To the second question--I agree it's a bad experience so I set my logout time in an effort to avoid that screen. -skye

Level 2
Thank you Skye, I will be raising a feature to disable this config option, when you have SSO enabled instance. Thanks Simon

Level 2
The automatic log out time frame was dictated by our Info. Sec. Policy (8 hours). System Preferences under Setup, has 6 presets to choose from. 15 minutes 30 minutes 1 hour 8 hours 24 hours 7 days

Level 10
Simon: post the link to your idea in this post. I would definitely upvote that. In Reply to Simon Hall:
Thank you Skye, I will be raising a feature to disable this config option, when you have SSO enabled instance. Thanks Simon

Level 2
Thank you for the replies! I have logged the new idea into the exchange - https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115004147153-Disable-Automatically-log-users-... I would appreciate any support :o) Thanks Simon

Level 2
I see there hasn't been much attention on this issue so I added a vote and am posting here to hopefully get more interest. We are implementing WF in our company as our enterprise solution for PM. We've had WF in the company (a separate department) for going on almost two years. We've found a few settings that have been updated to conform to our company requirements - namely the time out for inactivity. Our company requires no more than 15 minutes of inactivity before timeout, so we turned this feature on. The department that originally started the use of WF is now complaining about the timeout. Not much can be done about that, but they are also complaining about being returned to a logon page that they can't use (we use SSO). With more and more states along with the Fed's requiring new security measures when dealing the customer data, more and more businesses will eventually be using SSO and run into this issue and poor experience of being returned to a logon page that can't be used. I encourage all to go to Simon's suggestion post - https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000PSnkAAG/detail and vote to we can have WF address the problem and provide us a solution. Thanks Todd Todd Crenshaw