Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Quick Tip: There's a difference between Assignments and Assigned To in reporting

Employee

Need to run a Task or Issue report that lists specific assignees? Use the Assigned To field to show only the Task Owner - or the Primary Assignee - assigned and use the Assignments field to return a list of everyone that is assigned to the Issue or Task.

Need to run a report organizing work by each person assigned to a task versus just by the Task Owner? Consider using an Assignment report!

"Like" this post if you find it helpful!👍

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Kyna, I like your "Quick Tips" posts, keep 'em coming!

I'd like to see more Quick Tips regarding fields that seem similar (like this one) but are really very different. Sometimes I have to run tests to see what some fields actually are.

And maybe some Quick Tips about obscure API fields that are super useful. Ex. "totalTaskCount" counts the number of tasks in a project. Can be used in a project report. Super useful.

Thanks!

Employee

Thank you Randy! This is a great idea. I'll have to see what we can come up with. I might just use your example you shared as one coming up soon!

Level 3

This worked out just the way I needed to report multiple assignments. Thank you so much!