Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Queue Topics/Custom Forms

Level 2
Hello everybody! Another one for you. I'd like to setup a request form with the option to vary the custom forms in it. Example: I have a list of 5 custom forms (blog, email, website, banner, video). One use wants to choose blog, email, and banner, another user a wants to choose banner and website, another email, website, banner, video, etc… Is there anyway to do this without having to build a queue topic for each scenario? Thanks! Chris Perrin
8 Replies

Level 10
you could put all the form fields on one form and use display logic to hide the ones that don't pertain. https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/Display-rules-on-custom-forms-588418115 -skye

Level 2
That's the route I'm currently using, but would prefer to go the multiple custom form route, if possible, since some of the forms are pulled into multiple requests. It would be easier to manage form changes if needed (editing once, instead of in different custom forms), and help ensure changes get made consistently. Chris Perrin

Level 5
Hi Chris, I was going to suggest the exact same as Skye. I'm adding a quick GIF of what we have implemented with a form like this. We use display logic throughout our forms, so you can imagine how that might continue through the additional questions. But, give you an idea. I'm also just seeing your response to Skye and I don't know what you have implemented, but using Section fields helps. We do have places where we add multiple forms to a queue topic, but there is not currently a way to have display topic between custom forms, only within an individual form. Jazmin Allen-Collins Analog Devices, Inc.

Level 2
Thank you both for your responses! Chris Perrin

Level 10
totally understand but short of making your requestor fill out a separate custom form for each item, or putting multiple custom forms on one queue topic and forcing your requestor to wade through the ones that are not required, there isn't a fourth way to do this that you're overlooking. :) -skye

Level 2
Excellent! Thanks again! Chris Perrin

Level 6
As suggested by Skye, this is what I currently do. I have a custom form for Video requests, one for print, one for social, one for blog etc. I also have one that has all of them combined into one form (each as a section), with checkboxes added at the top to show/hide the relevant sections. Since all the form elements are re-used, updating one on an individual form also updates it on the combined form, so it's not that difficult to maintain. Sean

Level 2
I completely overlooked the fact that I would be reusing fields, so it really would still be a one spot update for existing field updates, so that's great! Thanks for the reminder on that piece! It still means multiple updates for any additional field adds/removals (unless I'm completely wiping out the field), so that's not too bad. Chris Perrin