Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Proofing Email Messages?

Level 3
Good Afternoon, Our Marketing Automation Team currently tests e-mails with design and copy via Outlook. We'd like to incorporate this process in to Workfront ideally using the proofing tool but the proofing tool does not work with MSG files. How are you all working around this? Here are my thoughts but I would appreciate any other ideas or suggestions - maybe I'm missing something really simple/obvious?

1) We could save the e-mails to another file type like PDF but this seems to add a lot of extra work to the Marketing Automation Team. 2) We use an add-on e-mail system and do all of our e-mail work in that system 3) We continue to test via Outlook. Thanks for your time and help!

Sincerely, Tom Ford, CSPO, MATD Workfront Software Administrator CareerBuilder 200 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 1100, Chicago, IL 60606 Direct: 312-698-0594 | Mobile: 312-273-0393 Connect with met at: https://cb.zoom.us/my/tom.ford Workfront System Status: https://trust.workfront.com/ Need help with a creative request? E-Mail: creativerequests@cb.com careerbuilderforemployers.com | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Slideshare | Blog
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

14 Replies

Level 2
Great question, we have the same issue! We currently do the Outlook test, then the PM forwards it to the requester via Outlook as well. This is not ideal for the requester providing feedback, and generally means the feedback comes back via email rather than Workfront. Looking forward to anyone else's work arounds! Malisa Lieser Tennant

Level 10
Our email team emails the draft email to the PM, who converts it to PDF and uploads it as a proof to Workfront to review and mark up. It's time-consuming and I feel annoyed just talking about it. I think there's an Idea in the Idea Exchange asking to be able to convert .MSG files--if there isn't, someone should make one ;). -skye

Level 4
For our team, the person programming the email, sends a test to him/herself from the email software. At the top is the link to view the 'online version' (e.g., "Can't view images? See the online version.") We use the link of the online version and upload that in the Proof. It then generates a clickable proof that our testers/approvers review. This has been working great and our teams love it. It's saved a lot of the hassle of going back and forth in Outlook. Michelle Jackson Colony Brands, Inc.

Level 2
@Michelle Jackson - Oh, that's a great idea! So when you say you use the link of the online version and upload that in the proof, can you elaborate? Not quite following how the link is in the proof. Also, how do they make edits to the proof if needed? Thanks! Malisa Lieser Tennant

Level 4
Here is how we do it in more detail. In the project, under documents, go to Add Document and select New Proof. On the proof page, enter the url of the email. Hit the return key to add it into the proof list. Click the Create Proof button and it'll generate a proof similar to a document/PDF that's been uploaded. (Sometimes it can take a minute or more, depending on the size of the file.) Inside the proof, you can click on the links (it'll open up new pages so you don't lose the proof), and add Comments as you would for other proofs. Let me know if that helps. Michelle Jackson Colony Brands, Inc.

Level 2
Oh my gosh, this is genius! I had an email proof ready to go so I tried it and it works beautifully. Thank you so much! Malisa Lieser Tennant

Level 10
darn it! we don't provide one of these links in our emails [yet]. :( -skye

Level 1
@Michelle Jackson - That's exactly what we do too. And it is a HUGE timesaver for everyone! Heather Loftiss NRG Energy, Inc.

Level 10
We have the same issue because Proof can't see an html file. Our email manager uploads the html file using an ftp app to a test folder on our website and then copies the URL to the Proof so that there are still live links. Checking the links is an important step for us, so this is better than a jpg or PDF proof. Jill Ackerman

Level 3
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions everyone! Sincerely, Tom Ford, CSPO, MATD Workfront Software Administrator CareerBuilder 200 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 1100, Chicago, IL 60606 Direct: 312-698-0594 | Mobile: 312-273-0393 Connect with met at: https://cb.zoom.us/my/tom.ford Workfront System Status: https://trust.workfront.com/ Need help with a creative request? E-Mail: creativerequests@cb.com careerbuilderforemployers.com | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Slideshare | Blog

Level 7

Poking this very old question, I find my org facing the same challenge now several years later. I'm curious if anyone has since come up with a better answer? We're trying to have our clients proof the actual .msg file so they can verify if there are any rendering issues in that browser, so the 'view as website' option defeats the purpose.

Katherine

Level 10

With the interactive Proof viewer we can now see HTML files in Proof. They are uploaded via a zip file that includes all the components, and then you have to select "interactive." The viewer is not browser based so people on phones can't see it. Users have to download something the first time they use it, we had some issues with that and our IT but eventually it worked out. The links are live and the app can show you how it looks at different screen sizes. We've been using it regularly.

Level 9

Checking in - has anyone resolved something for this issue? We're exploring how to generate proofs from Outlook messages. Mind you - we have a ton of different scenarios so that could mean 100's of outlook messages to view in proof. Converting to PDF isn't where it's at.

Level 1

checking in on this thread - we are facing issues with proofing emails. adding the proof as the URL is fine, but doesnt allow for clicking and checking responsiveness. if we use the interactive proofing tool, the link updates when we make changes to the email file, so we can't compare versions of the proof. so frustrating! any ideas?