Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Proof Owners Cannot Upload New Version of Proof

Level 3

Hi, 

I am a WF admin trying to solve this issue where a user who is not originally a proof creator - cannot upload a new version of proof. The second user as per below picture was a reviewer and the third user was the one who created the proof. 

I took the initiative to assign the 'ownership' to the second user as I understand that the owner will be able to upload new version of proof. However afterwards, that particular user still cannot upload new version of proof. Is there a way that we can fix this so that the owner can upload new version of proof? 

taufiq_0-1674562331203.png

Any kind of help is appreciated! Thanks. 

Taufiq

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It must be something to do with their proof role or proof license/access associated with the user.

I generally stay away from ever using author or moderator, the functions are so limited. Trying giving the person you want to be able to upload a version a Reviewer role and also make sure their proof access in their profile is Supervisor.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Check the user's proof permission profile. I believe even if the user is the proof owner, but not the creator, they need to have a proof permission profile of at least Supervisor to create a new proof version on a proof that someone else created.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/review-and-approve-work/proofing/proofing-ov...

Level 3

Hi Heather, thank you for your response. Unfortunately I have performed several tests and confirmed that even after granting the other user 'Supervisor' proof permission and making them 'Moderator', the user still is not able to upload new version of proof. 

I wonder if this is a technical issue coming from Workfront as theoretically, we should be able to do that right? Your assistance on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It must be something to do with their proof role or proof license/access associated with the user.

I generally stay away from ever using author or moderator, the functions are so limited. Trying giving the person you want to be able to upload a version a Reviewer role and also make sure their proof access in their profile is Supervisor.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Hi Taufiq,

Outside of the proof permissions make sure the other user has 'Manage' access to the document. This is separate and would need to be updated from the document page in Workfront.  I think once they have Manage access, moderator/owner/supervisor should be able to upload a new version.

Best,

Surya