Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Displaying Users Assigned to a Task in the Task Details with a Custom Form with a Calculated Field

Level 3

Hello,

I've noticed, surprisingly, that the Task Details Overview doesn't show the assignee's information. To address this, I created a custom field in our task forms, but the only available option is "{assignedToID}". I know how to convert an ID to a name in reports, but how can this be done in the Calculated Fields of custom forms?

Additionally, how can we display multiple assignments in a custom form using a calculated field?

There is an "Assigned To" field in the field library, but it includes an unwanted comment in the instructions area so I cannot use that.

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It's quite possible that the reason the Task Details overview doesn't show assignee information, is because it's right there in the upper right corner of that page. All you have to do is click on the circles and it will show you the full list.

To answer your question/s though, probably {assignedTo}.{name} would give you the task owner's name. Other than this, you can't create a calculated field that references a collection of assignees.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It's quite possible that the reason the Task Details overview doesn't show assignee information, is because it's right there in the upper right corner of that page. All you have to do is click on the circles and it will show you the full list.

To answer your question/s though, probably {assignedTo}.{name} would give you the task owner's name. Other than this, you can't create a calculated field that references a collection of assignees.