Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Proof Delegation March 2024

Level 3

Hello Community..  I am constantly being asked by my clients for PROOF approval delegation. Despite everything I have read I cannot seem to find a way to do this. I understand that we can delegate Documents/Tasks/Issues but not proofs.

The Proof module does appear to have an out of office setting, even asking who I would like to delegate my proofs to - but in testing this it doesn't appear to affect anything (maybe a casualty of the proofHQ/Workfront integration?)

Could anyone confirm for me that Workfront (in March 2024) does not support PROOF delegation just to stop me looking!  and has anyone come across any workaround solutions ??

Many many thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @WhitUser,

The blurry Sasquatch photo you found suggesting Proof delegation might be (or have been) possible is tantalizing…but I regret that I cannot definitively confirm one way or another.

What I can offer is a procedural alternative: by having a Knowledgeable Person consider the potential Approver’s schedules and then choose the best Approval Path upfront avoids needing to delegate Approvals.

With that approach in place, and a calm exception report (or screaming user) pointing out items that need approval, you could also create a process to leverage Login As in order to make such Approvals “On Behalf Of”, if necessary.

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @WhitUser,

The blurry Sasquatch photo you found suggesting Proof delegation might be (or have been) possible is tantalizing…but I regret that I cannot definitively confirm one way or another.

What I can offer is a procedural alternative: by having a Knowledgeable Person consider the potential Approver’s schedules and then choose the best Approval Path upfront avoids needing to delegate Approvals.

With that approach in place, and a calm exception report (or screaming user) pointing out items that need approval, you could also create a process to leverage Login As in order to make such Approvals “On Behalf Of”, if necessary.

Regards,

Doug

Hi Doug

Thank you for your time in replying.. If only the feature worked as advertised or maybe it could be hidden to save the extra diaspointment..

Your procedural argument stands up well and I will pass on to the team suggesting they are a little more organised in this respect!

I also think the 'Login As' will be a great help here.. off to work out access for my project managers so that the responsibility does not sit with me!

Thank you again.

My pleasure @WhitUser,

Your Sasquatch polaroid is pretty hi-def, so yes, good idea having it expunged, if no longer functional.

Do note that to Login As, at least one of your alternates will need to be (or have access to) as Workfront SysAdmin account in order for that feature to be available.

Regards,

Doug

Hey Doug, you seem very knowledgable on these things..

as a 4 month veteran! here I am trying to decide if I can give my first group admin access to the log in as feature.

I appear to have done it, although she can only see her home group of users, does this sounds correct to you? I've added additional groups to her other groups section on the profile, but to no avail.. any gems of wisdom here to give her wider access to usersu HAVE to be a sys admin??

Best Regards

Hi @WhitUser,

This Log in as another user post asserts that "Group administrators can log in only as the users who are members of the groups they manage. They cannot log in as a Workfront administrator."

Given that, so long as you (as SysAdmin) have granted her (as Group Administrator) manage rights to the additional groups, she should then be able to login as any member of those additional groups.

Regards,

Doug

Thank you a second time for the direction, much appreciated :0)

Best Regards