Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Proof comments/decision email notifications

Level 6
I'm trying to figure out how to configure our proofs so that the proof owner isn't getting so many emails. We have the designer upload the proof and send it through an automated proof cycle. Originally we were having the designer use the setting of "all Activity" so they were notified of everything involving their proof but it has gotten to be way too many emails. The proof reader can make dozens of changes on multi page proofs and each one of those comments come in to the designer as a separate email. We tried changing the setting to "decisions" which we thought would work since they could go in and check the proof after a decision was made for any comments but after testing this they still continue to get an email on every comment that is made. I can only assume it is because they are the proof owner and these setting really only make a difference when used on a reviewer or approver. Does anyone have any suggestions? Optimally we'd like for all of the comments & the decision to be combined into 1 email to the designer when a decision is made but that doesn't appear to be an option. Thanks for the help Tracy Parmeter
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 6
We use "Final Decision", this sends 1 email once all decision makers have made their decision. The designer then opens the proof and starts resolving comments. If a reviewer mentions them in a comment, they'll still get the mention email. Make sure in Settings -> Email -> Review And Approval (in Workfront) you have Send emails from Workfront when a comment is made on a proof un selected! Sean Sanders | London Drugs

Level 5
Do you know if using Settings -> Email -> Review And Approval (in Workfront) Send emails from Workfront when a comment is made on a proof un selected affects the "at name" comments for which we do want emails to those that are "@-ed". Tammie Bouchard National Safety Council

Level 6
Hi Tammie, I think you left out the end of your last sentence. That setting (when enabled) sends an email from Workfront that links back to the document landing page whenever someone mentions the user in a comment. This often results in duplicate emails (one from Proof, one from WF). Turning off that option means proof related notifications only come from proofHQ (and use whatever settings the user has on that particular proof). Sean Sanders | London Drugs

Level 5
Hi Sean, Excellent, thank you for that clarification and for letting me know about my missing copy. It seems your answer likely addresses my intended question anyway. I wanted to ensure that turning off the notification from the Workfront Core, as described in your post, would not stop intentional emails via being called out ("@-ed") within the Proof comments. Tammie Tammie