Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Project Timeline - Actual Use Cases Needed

Level 10
Team, I need to create a timeline, a SIMPLE, EASY TO UNDERSTAND/READ/INTERPRETE, timeline of any given project. How is this done in Workfront? Gant charts, as I've played them with are not the answer, unless, I'm not setting some field correctly. They are not at a glance simple and easy to understand. I know a timeline is possible so i'm sure this is just a matter of educating myself. The audience is executive - who want to look at a project - at a glance and see where they are. I have milestones created - but the built in milestone view is awful - too congested and just too detailed - i need SIMPLE. Thanks for ANY suggestions. Benetta Perry APS
2 Replies

Level 10
We use custom filters and views for different audiences - e.g., here is a simplified Client View. We tag certain tasks as "client" and filter on those, and then just display a few key fields. You could follow same approach for an Executive view (with or without Gantt): as opposed to the full project schedule: Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 2
Hi Katherine, Can you explain how you "tag" certain tasks as client exactly to pull that through the filter? Thanks, Lori Lori George Pacific Foods Senior Marketing Operations Manager lori.george@pacificfoods.com