Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Project/Task Owners can Change Other People's Time

Level 4
We recently discovered that the Project Owner, Task Owner, or team members with Contribute access to a project can edit/delete other people's time entries in a project/task. Do anyone know of a way to prevent this? We know it's extremely unlikely that anyone would actually change another person's time, but it's just strange that people are able to do that. Note The user's access levels do NOT have the "Timesheets & hours" checked under Allow administrative access for.... This article (
4 Replies

Level 3
I've not seen this occur in our system, and I log in frequently as current users for training. Connie Sutherland, CPPM CareerBuilder

Level 4

Users are not able to go to other users timesheets, but they are able to go to the Hours tab in the project/task and view other's time (if they are the project/task owner or have Contribute access). In that tab they are able to select and edit others time. Below is a screen cap of a Work licensed user going to the project's Hour tab and seeing other team members time. He is able to select, edit and change time. Let me know if you are able to replicate this. Denver Lemont Cardinal Health0690z000007ZhgWAAS.jpg

Community Advisor
We had an issue with this earlier this year. But were told by support that only people with Manage access would be able to edit hours. I just tried logging into a particular project as someone who has manage access and someone who has contribute access. Only the manage access user was able to edit time. The contribute access user wasn't able to even see any hours other than their own.

Level 10
I tested and found the same thing as Heather. However, what I discovered is that if a user gets Manage access to even one Task, they'll see the Hours of everyone on that Task (and can edit them). This would also appear in the Project Hours tab. But it's only showing the other people's hours from the Tasks that the User in question has Manage access to. So it's not all hours, but I can see your concern.