Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Project Status by Team

Level 2
Project Status by Team I'm trying to put together a dashboard for a VP and I'm stuck on this report. I want to show the teams that roll up to this VP and where the project status falls for the projects for each particular Team. I'm close but I cannot choose Home Team Name but can only choose Home Team ID which gives me a number that is not very helpful for the VP (see attachment). I've tried to adjust the code under grouping but when I do that it just groups all of the teams together.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

29 Replies

Level 10
Carmen, Anthony, David, Adina, and Marty, as promised, I invite you to visit my latest Get What You Nee d blog post, which illustrates a technique I devised to allow you to chart Tasks by Home Team, Home Group, or Primary Role. Thanks for an interesting challenge. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Wow....great work, Doug! I like the little picture of an Oasis, along with the Rolling Stones lyrics too.... Now I just need to see how many levels you can create the nested IF statements to work for. :) We have 48 teams currently setup. I reality I will probably start by creating the IF statement to cover the most important teams and catch the others in an 'Other' category. Cheers

Level 10
Thanks David; you are very welcome. As a kinder, gentler, more maintainable formula option, I suggest this pattern instead: IF(Home Team ID="a164bc374","01 Team Super Cool","")+IF(Home Team ID="c438d43b","02 Team Awesome","")+...(etc)...+IF(ISBLANK(Home Team ID),"99 HOME TEAM MISSING","") I would build it in Excel off the Team ID / Team Name export from Workfront, too, by the way. Let me know how it goes, and please send us a postcard of the resulting chart in all its rainbow glory! Regards, Doug

Level 10
Hi Doug, Please see the result attached! Works like a charm....though limited to around 13 levels of nested IF statements. Do you know if your alternative approach will have a similar limit? I will have a play when I have time, but this is already a great improvement. A number of people here will be very happy. We do still ideally need the feature request addressed for a permanent fix, as each Workfront customer shouldn't need to go to these lengths just to group reports by Team Name. :) Cheers

Level 10
Splendid, David! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you stopped at 13 Teams: if you scroll up a bit, my "kinder, gentler" formula is easier to build, maintain, and required no nesting. So, no limit, other than the 2000 characters a formula can hold (yes, we've met). Regards, Doug

Level 10
Ah, and for this, my 200th post, David, yes, please do park yours for now. Later tonight (my Tuesday), I will add a spreadsheet to my blog post that you can use to maintain your formula of 48+ Teams in less than five minutes. Regards, Doug

Level 10
All set, David: my Get What You Need blog post now includes a sample Excel file (with instructions) that you can use to maintain the Home Group, Home Team, or Primary Role formulas as the underyling code tables change (slowly) over time in your environment, so that (in turn) you can Group, Filter, and Chart Tasks by the "English" values, as opposed to the IDs. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Cool...if we cross paths one day, IOU a beer or two....Australian or Canadian is up to you, and depending on local availability of course!!