Expand my Community achievements bar.

Project Report that is filtered by Task existing in certain status

Level 4

Hi WF Community - hoping for some help here.

I am looking for a way to create a report with project level information but i need it to filter based on a specific task within the project that is not in a complete status.

So all projects with task name X where the status of the task is New or In Progress.

Any thoughts? I have tried a few versions of report styles and seems that the project level fields that I need are contained in a custom form on the project - so need access to that but also this specific task that indicates we have not passed that point - or that we have passed that point.

Thanks in advance!

Sherri

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 5

Hi Sherri! You can use the following as a text-mode filter on your Project report. This allows you to filter the Project report based on the Task-level data. Then, just add all the usual Project fields on your view.

tasks:name=TheNameOfTheTask

tasks:name_Mod=eq

tasks:status=INP NEW

tasks:status_Mod=in

Level 10

Hi - so after you do all the project type filters you want on the report (i.e. project status = Current, or owner ID equals $$USER.ID, etc.), switch to text mode and then past this underneath

EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=TASK

EXISTS:1:projectID=FIELD:ID

EXISTS:1:name={name you want here}

EXISTS:1:name_Mod=cicontains

EXISTS:1:status=NEW INP

EXISTS:1:status_Mod=in

See if that works.