Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Project Report that is filtered by Task existing in certain status

Level 4

Hi WF Community - hoping for some help here.

I am looking for a way to create a report with project level information but i need it to filter based on a specific task within the project that is not in a complete status.

So all projects with task name X where the status of the task is New or In Progress.

Any thoughts? I have tried a few versions of report styles and seems that the project level fields that I need are contained in a custom form on the project - so need access to that but also this specific task that indicates we have not passed that point - or that we have passed that point.

Thanks in advance!

Sherri

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 5

Hi Sherri! You can use the following as a text-mode filter on your Project report. This allows you to filter the Project report based on the Task-level data. Then, just add all the usual Project fields on your view.

tasks:name=TheNameOfTheTask

tasks:name_Mod=eq

tasks:status=INP NEW

tasks:status_Mod=in

Level 10

Hi - so after you do all the project type filters you want on the report (i.e. project status = Current, or owner ID equals $$USER.ID, etc.), switch to text mode and then past this underneath

EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=TASK

EXISTS:1:projectID=FIELD:ID

EXISTS:1:name={name you want here}

EXISTS:1:name_Mod=cicontains

EXISTS:1:status=NEW INP

EXISTS:1:status_Mod=in

See if that works.