Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Project Owner Change

Level 1
Hello all, I've been looking through the forum and elsewhere to find a solution to this without success and would welcome any advice. I trying to build a report that shows ownership change on projects - this is needed to track projects are they are assigned to different teams' for performance measurement. The audit field from the Note report object doesn't seem to provide this logged action as shown below: Is there any way i can track this information in a report ? Many thanks, Ben Ben Hawkes Thomson Reuters TS&C
3 Replies

Level 2
Hmmm... You may or may not find this simple, but we've contemplating doing the following: Create tasks that show transfer of ownership Create a milestone path to attach to the project with the transfer of ownership as milestones (if you have existing paths attached, you could update them to include the 'transfer' milestones) Pros: Allows for easier tracking of start and due dates Can build custom milestone reports to show how projects are pacing to their dates Can add the milestones and tasks at the project template level to help cut manual work Cons It's more manual than automatically pulling into a report You can't actually see what's happening, so it's reliant on a bit of the honor system Hope this helps or someone else has idea. We've also been faced with similar challenges. Thanks! Ladell Fuqua Condé Nast | Hearst |PubWorx Services, LLC

Level 8
If you're only expecting one change of ownership, you could attach a custom field at the project level called something like 'Original Owner' IF(ISBLANK(Original Owner),Owner.Name,Original Owner) Then you simply do a report where you have a text filter of: owner:name=DE:Original Owner owner:name_Mod=cine Pros: Work automatically Cons: Would capture if people changed names (e.g. change of marital status) Does not capture date Only works once Barry Buchanan Work Management Australia

Level 10
Well, I played around with this and I do not have your solution but I have something you could work with and do trial and error until you might get what you want. The user's report attached shows "all" project owners that have been assigned to the project. I can not find a way to put a date and time stamp to see their order. The assignment report shows "all" project owners and who assigned them to the project and to which task. This report does not show the deactivated owner that was assigned to the project initially. Hope this get's you thinking of some workarounds. Benetta Perry APS