Expand my Community achievements bar.

Project assignment report column valueexpression help

Level 2

Hello! I'm trying to create a report that basically lists the people who have been assigned to the listed projects in specific roles. I've been doing so relatively successfully with certain roles but I'm hitting a snag for some reason when it comes to listing Project Managers. It's listing both Project Managers AND Marketing Managers. Here is my original column text mode:

displayname=PMs

listdelimiter=<br>

listmethod=nested(projectUserRoles).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({role}.{name}="Marketing - Project Manager",{user}.{name},"")

valueformat=HTML

It's listing the Project Managers but also people who are now Marketing Managers but, at some point in the past, were Project Managers. I did doublecheck their current job roles in Workfront and verified that they are assigned the Marketing Manager job role.

I'm wondering if there is a workaround for this something wrong with my text mode, or something I can put where I can say print the name if their role is "Marketing - Project Manager" AND NOT "Marketing - Marketing Manager"

Any insights or help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 3

Have you tried using role ID instead of role name?

Level 2

I did try in various forms and it didn't print anything on the report. I worked around by filtering out the specific people's names through nested && statements.

displayname=Project Managers

listdelimiter=<br>

listmethod=nested(projectUserRoles).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({role}.{name}="Marketing - Project Manager"&&{user}.{name}!="Person One"&&{user}.{name}!="Person Two",{user}.{name},"")

valueformat=HTML

Not my favorite solution but it works in a pinch.