Expand my Community achievements bar.

Programs with No Projects Report

Level 7
Greetings Reporting Experts, I looked through both the Global & Reporting Discussion Forums and could not see a thread pertaining to the following (unless I completely missed it somehow!), so I am hoping someone will have an answer to the following report question. I am trying to do a bit of ‘admin cleanup’ with regard to "Programs" in our Workfront instance. I am looking to pull a report that would show me Programs where there aren’t any Projects associated to them. Essentially, Programs with 0 Projects and compare that against to when the Program was originally entered, so that I can tidy up our list. In viewing the filter options in the Program Report, I did not see where I could filter by Projects = Blank or something along those lines. Any help or further direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Terry
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

15 Replies

Level 8
Try adding this filter to a program report: EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=PROJ EXISTS:a:programID=FIELD:ID

Level 10
Hi: I’m not sure what this code does - mostly because I don’t understand much of Text Mode reporting. What is the English translation of this code? If there exists a program that has no project child record, select this program? If there is a program that has no child project, select the program? How would you describe it? Thanks, Eric

Level 7
Thanks, Adina - that worked. I am in the very beginning stages of using textmode functionality in building reports. A lot of trial and error on my part, but have gotten a lot of helpful tips & tricks in this Reporting forum. It is on my "To Do" list to take the Advanced Reporting classes (one of these days!). Again, thanks for the help.

Level 8
Hi Eric, I learned that text mode trick in the Leap session presented by Anna Grigoryan and Vazgen. Here is the one they presented, as a way to clean up projects that have no issues, tasks, or documents attached. Use a project report, and this is the filter: EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=OPTASK EXISTS:a:projectID=FIELD:ID EXISTS:b:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS EXISTS:b:$$OBJCODE=TASK EXISTS:b:projectID=FIELD:ID EXISTS:c:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS EXISTS:c:$$OBJCODE=DOCU EXISTS:c:projectID=FIELD:ID

Level 10
Too cool. I may not understand how to code it, but I get how it works. Neat stuff! Eric

Level 3
Hi Adina, Thank you for sharing this! I must've missed this during the Leap session. On that note, I wondered if you were able to figure out the text mode for the field change history on a project that they shared? I believe the session googledoc only has API call info although I've played around with the calculated field directions but no luck. Any insights? Thanks in advance, Ondina

Level 8
Hi Ondina! I spent about 2 hours trying to get the field change history timestamp to work with no luck.

Level 10
Hi Adina, Is there any chance to pull report report which would shows which reports hasn't been used for a longer while? Thanks, dags

Level 10
Hi: I’ll jump in, even though you asked Adina. I am not aware that WorkFront keeps track of when a given report is run. Maybe it is in their logs, but we can’t get to those. I’ve been looking for that for years and after talking with enough people at WorkFront, have given up and are waiting for them to add that feature into their reporting system. Sorry. Eric

Level 10
But to cheer you up Eric - they've got on Q2 Roadmap - Last View Date field. Happy days!

Level 10
That is a good start! I’m looking for counts by time. Knowing that someone hasn’t used a report in a long time is important. I also want to know how often reports are executed. Those are the ones that adding the most value, those are the ones I want to talk to people about and see if we can tweak it to add even more value. ☺ Incremental improvement is a wonderful thing

Level 8
I’m looking forward to that new date stamp! Our system has been up and running for over 5 years now, so we have almost 10,000 reports. It will be nice to do a big cleanup, which could possibly increase performance as well. Adina

Level 8
Yes, view count would be great as well! ________________________________

Level 10
Yes indeed! Let's wait and see :) hopefully it will be released sooner that later.

Employee
I actually have a ticket in on reporting on a custom field change date - if I get back something that works I will share with you!