Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Does anyone use a generic admin account?

Level 4
By a generic account, I mean an account not tied directly to a person or a live admin in your environment. We currently are making changes to our system due to a management change and this is requiring us to validate numerous items in the system that may have been set up to run as the person no longer an admin (run as reports, group owners to name a few). We are considering setting up this account for those purposes, but it makes us a bit uneasy. Has anyone else done this? If so, what did you call this "person" in your system? We already have a team called WF Admin so we don't want to name the person the same because that would result in confusion and numerous assignments to that WF Admin "person" rather than the person. Having these mis-assignments happen will result in a lot of unneeded emails to our WF Outlook DL, which is not desired. What about 'zzAdmin' or something like that? Tell me your thoughts!!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Former Community Member
I've used "Adam Admin" before.....for all the reasons that you have pointed out.