Expand my Community achievements bar.

Private Comments

Level 2
Is there a way to mark comments in Updates and in ProofHQ as private? This could mean the difference between our Legal department joining in the fun or not.
6 Replies

Level 2
Hi Keri, Not that I'm aware of. This has been an roadblock to adoption for some on our marketing & communications team who deal with sensitive PR issues. During our onboarding process, our consultant told there was not really a way to have private comments since those with System Administrator access could view anything in the system. Our Workfront sys admins don't usually have the clearance to be privvy to details of those issues, so we've had to use separate processes to manage that work. (Note that we onboarded a couple of years ago, so this may have changed. But nothing I've seen leads me to believe it has.) - Kurt

Level 8
I believe that's correct. Currently, there's no way to keep comments/updates private form users that are in the same company :(. The little lock icon next to the udpates box when you're drafting just keeps it private within your company. I wish there was a way to do this as well. Maybe a good idea to add to the Idea Exchange board!

Level 2
Thanks for the replies. This is already on the Idea Exchange, and I just went and voted for it. Let me encourage everyone to go do this.

Level 10
Hi: Here is an idea. If you build a custom form, and add a section break, you can set who can view the section and who can edit the section. It doesn’t allow permissions to be set by team or name, but if your Legal department only has View permission to the object, you can create a section break and they can’t see anything in that section if you only allow people with Contribute or Manage permissions to see that section. [cid:image001.jpg@01D2BF5A.354DF8F0] If the elegant solution isn’t at hand, could you make this work? Thanks, Eric

Level 2
Thanks, Eric, but I'm not certain how that would make private comments in the Updates section of a project or on a proof. Will it?

Level 10
Hi: I actually know nothing about the ProofHQ product. I do know that you can hide comments from anyone who does not have Contribute or Manage permission on the custom attributes associated with the project/task/issue. My solution does not relate to comments made in the Update log at all. Eric