Expand my Community achievements bar.

Print RFQ Process

Level 5
Hi All, Can you all share how you handle the print production estimating process at your shop? getting specs, sending RFQ's out, collecting and managing estimates, selecting a vendor, etc. We have an entire workflow around the RFQ process- and I found WF to be a little weak in managing this. I had a previous system that managed this a little better, and it seems I'll have to come up with some creative workarounds. So if I don't have to reinvent the wheel- if any of you have already figured it out! tks Karen
7 Replies

Level 7
Did you get any responses or figure out a process? We have just started integrating this and have also found how weak Workfront is in this area. It's incredibly disappointing. This is a regular task for us. Leah Janz Metro Transit

Level 4
Hi Leah, I work with Karen and I am the Print Production Manager. Unfortunately, I haven't heard or learned a way to do this within Workfront that would be inclusive and streamlined. We currently use a RFQ PDF form that is filled out and sent to vendors outside of WF. It is then saved to a folder within documents for all to see and review along with the estimates provided by the vendor(s). Unfortunately, the process is not as streamlined as we would like and can be a bit cumbersome. I have tried creating a custom form that could be pushed out to the vendor(s) but unfortunately they don't have any company branding, don't look very nice and can't be saved as a PDF. It was suggested we do a screenshot and send to a vendor within an email but that feels very unprofessional and not like a request coming from a "creative" client. I agree it's very disappointing with all the other capabilities Workfront offers. Please keep me in mind if you learn anything helpful. I am still trying to come up with something and if I do I will let you know. Good luck, Dawnmarie Dawnmarie DeAngelo Print Production Manager - Creative Services Harvard Alumni Affairs and Development

Level 1
This is not an easy solution for Workfront currently. However, there have been integrations with 3rd party tools such as Noosh that are purpose built for Print RFQ activities. I would suggest checking with you Workfront representative or CSM for any known integration solutions. Mark Pierce - Cella Cella Consulting

Level 1
We worked with At Apps to do a custom build on this. It is working great. -- Brandi Williams Whitaker Consultant & Freelance Project Manager cell: 404.849.1007 "http://www.linkedin.com/in/brandi-williams-whitaker" www.linkedin.com/in/brandi-williams-whitaker

Level 7
I am actually currently working with a Workfront consultant to build something for us. I'm not sure if it will be the best solution, but it will be better than what we currently do - which sounds similar to what you are doing. Although I am wondering now if I should have seeked out At Apps. But our WF rep connected me with one of their own developers. Leah Janz Metro Transit

Level 7
Would you be able to share what it looks like? Leah Janz Metro Transit

Level 1
I would recommend reaching out to Doug at At Apps doug.denhoed@gmail.com and have him show you what he has done. That is probably the best way to get an idea of how it can work. Glad to talk you through if needed via phone. -- Brandi Williams Whitaker Consultant & Freelance Project Manager cell: 404.849.1007 "http://www.linkedin.com/in/brandi-williams-whitaker" www.linkedin.com/in/brandi-williams-whitaker