Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Sorting of status field

Level 2
In a matrix report I want to show the statuses in their natural order: idea, initiation, realisation... unfortunately workfront always sorts according to the key which is completely different. Is there any way to define a distinct order of the statuses within the report? Thank you very much in advance! Elke
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 10
Hi: The only way I can think of to do that is to change the statuses. Have them be 1-Idea, 2-Initiation, 3-Realisation, 4-Execution, 5-After Party, and so on. Then you can sort it on the status. Hope that helps! Eric

Level 10
Similar to Eric's suggestion, if you'd prefer to leave the Status labels alone, consider adding a calculated text field (eg Ordered Status) that uses IF statements to append the prefixes Eric mentioned, and sort by that instead. Regards, Doug

Level 10
<> I like your idea better than mine. I’m going to steal it ☺

Former Community Member
We have actually done this several times - adding 1, 2, 3 to the front of fields. It's quick and it works! Nanci

Level 2
Unfortunately that didn't work. I used a matrix report where the label was no option for grouping. But thank you nevertheless!

Level 2
This tip was brilliant. It worked really well. I created a calculated field in a custom form that hat a long IF chain to put numbers to the statuses. Within the matrix report I grouped with this field. And it worked perfectly! Thank you very much!

Level 10
<> I hope you are feeling the love ‚ò∫ Great idea.

Level 9
I think this is a good time to give Doug the "Super Scout" badge. It just makes sense. In Reply to Lucas Eric:
<> I hope you are feeling the love ‚ò∫ Great idea.
-Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 10
Thanks folks! I sincerely appreciate hearing back, and it's my privilege to help. Regards, Doug

Level 2
Hi, I'm trying to do something similar to one of my reports. Could you share the logic you used in the custom form for the sort order. Thanks, Semi Semira Peters FIAM